Having Trouble Configuring this remote (1 Viewer)

Wokeye

June 27, 2011
No probs bud. I used the mpe1 installer on the first page of the thread to make it nice and easy. Once installed, pop into MP config, plugins, "Keyboard Input Plugin". Click "Import", and in the "remote" folder go to "MCE-Remote based mappings" and select the "keyboard.xml" file.

Now expand the groups on the left and highlight a function you want to assign to a button on the remote. Then on the right of the window, click the "Key" box and press a button on the remote. The box will populate with whichever key stroke the remote simulates. For example, expand "Generic Buttons", then highlight "Record", click the "Key" box on the right-hand side and press the record button on the remote. It should populate the box with "Ctrl+R". Do the same thing for every function you want to assign to your remote and that should serve you well.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Si

Would just like to say thanks Si. I have been trying Intelliremote with this remote and have had little success, but this way seems to work. I still have one small issue which I am tempted to live with. I am using this remote with Windows XP SP3, I dunno if this has anything to do with it. My issue is when I select the command Back (MediaPreviousTrack) from the General Buttons section, and then I press the button on my remote and this also lists the action as MediaPreviousTrack in the Key field. However when I go into Mediaportal and play audio files when I press this button on the remote it acts like pressing the ESC key on the keyboard, going back to the previous screen. When I press the Media Next Track button that I mapped to the next track button this works as it should. I just wondered does anybody have a work around for this, i.e maybe adding a new command with a new name or something. or is this just a problem using this control with XP?

Thanks for the advice though, this is currently my only issue and the remote was just rubbish before this.

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Wokeye,

It sounds very much like you've mapped the wrong command here. The "back" command, as you rightly say, is the same as a keyboard "Esc" command, and on the remote should be mapped to the key with a left-pointing arrow.

However, to skip to the last track, the remote's skip back button should be mapped to "Replay" in the plugin config.

I've attached a little pic with the correct mappings to make it clearer (I hope!).

Cheers ears!
    Si

Attachments

• Remote keys.png
      Remote keys.png
      316.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom