hdhomerun premium tv (1 Viewer)

Cam

Portal Pro
February 28, 2012
Georgia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Has anybody tried hdhomerun premium tv service?
Can it be used through MP ie. (Watched, Recorded)
Once recorded can it be edited like removing ad's
Thanks

Last edited:

Idiotbox20

November 19, 2018
Home Country
I was messing with it and finally figured out how to map the channels so Mediaportal would recognize them. Once it was set up, it seemed to work as well as the cable or over-the-air channels that the HDHomerun delivers. Recording (both manual and scheduled) and playback worked just fine. Or at least they did for the two-minute preview they allow you without subscribing. SchedulesDirect even has listings for them, and those integrated fine, as well.

Idiotbox20

November 19, 2018
Home Country
I have the HDHR Connect Duo. You may not be able to do this with the HDHR Prime, because I don't think it's supported.

The first thing to do is make sure your firmware is up to date, so be sure you have the latest software installed (which will also update the firmware).
Check the channel listing from the box directly (<your-box's-IP>/lineup.html). On mine, the channels started at 1010 with "QVC demo" and went through 1755 and "TCM demo." The links in the channel numbers are what you'll want to grab.
Next, make an ".m3u" file with the channel names and URLs that go with them. I'll attach the one I used with all the "demo" channels. You'll want to edit it to make all the IP addresses match your box's IP. Save it in the dvbip folder of your TV server tuning parameters (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbip under Windows 10, most likely).
Now open up the TV-Server Configuration program. Under TV Servers -> <your-serve -name> make sure DvbIP is enabled. Then select the DvbIP tuner from the list of tuners (2 DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter, in my case) on the left and find the name of the m3u file you saved under the "Service" dropdown. Then "Scan for channels." Once that finishes scanning, the channels should be available like any other you already have.

Attachments

• HDHomeRun.m3u.txt
    2.8 KB

Cam

Portal Pro
February 28, 2012
Georgia
Home Country
I got the e-mail of your post but don't see it in the thread.
I understand all that you are talking about, I don't see the attached file for reference. I think I need a port #... maybe?
so the start of my m3u file looks like this:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,HSNHD
rtp://@10.1.10.40

Cam

Portal Pro
February 28, 2012
Georgia
Home Country
I have mapped 10 channels. but can one tune one at the time.
how do you tune more than one at the time?
I did try changing the CAM limit to 2 and more but did not work.

Users who are viewing this thread