HDHomeRun Prime Tuner Locked (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So can somebody tell me what I need to do now to repair MP?
    Looks like your gentle.config file is corrupt. It's a zero byte file. Probably caused by running out of HDD space:
    [2014-04-06 22:25:07,162] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Unable to create/modify gentle.config Root element is missing., at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
    at TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.SetupDatabaseConnection()

Please use MediaPortal configuration to reconfigure the IP address/hostname for your TV server:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV

That should pull the gentle.config file from TV Server to MediaPortal and fix the problem. If not, manually copy the gentle.config file from c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server to c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.

mm

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Filter with dumping create dump files, in general very big. It is only for debugging purposes. You should use the filter from first post from
    MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter thread (it is same but without dumping files). It seems that you reinstalled TV server and this changed or corrupted configuration files. I think that you should remove MP and TV server at least with configurations and make fresh install. Then install filter from first post of merging thread.

Edit: First try mm approach :)

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So can somebody tell me what I need to do now to repair MP?
    Looks like your gentle.config file is corrupt. It's a zero byte file. Probably caused by running out of HDD space:
    [2014-04-06 22:25:07,162] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Unable to create/modify gentle.config Root element is missing., at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
    at TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.SetupDatabaseConnection()

Please use MediaPortal configuration to reconfigure the IP address/hostname for your TV server:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV

That should pull the gentle.config file from TV Server to MediaPortal and fix the problem. If not, manually copy the gentle.config file from c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server to c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.

mm

Gave your suggestion a shot this morning before going to work. Didn't work. I tested the connection in the IP/hostname configuration screen last night. It tested good, but TV still didn't work. This morning however, it failed to connect. What happened between the two instances I don't know - other than a reboot. I also noted this morning that I could not get TVServer Configurations to open (I wanted to check if the service was actually started and start if it was not). Noted that georgius suggested uninstalling/reinstalling MP. I tried reinstalling MP. That didn't work. I tried the unistall/reinstall with the least invasive options. Perhaps I should bump up the level of the uninstall and do a fresh install of MP. Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted. If you need more logs let me know. Thanks...

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Did you also try to copy gentle.config from tv server folder to MP folder? If you want we can use TeamViewer (http://www.teamviewer.com, it's free for personal use) to faster help.
    Yup tried that. That's what I meant by "Gave your suggestion a shot..." in my reply to mm. So... In short it didn't work. I'm up for the teamviewer thing. I'm heading home from work now. Will try it when I get there.

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok tried it after you disconnected. Still didn't worked... However, I noticed in the logs that you reviewed that it was trying to tune a channel that I don't get. So I opened MP a second time and went into guide to choose a valid channel instead of just turning on TV. That worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom