HDHomeRun Prime Tuner Locked (1 Viewer)

bobdro

Portal Member
February 8, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Here's my debug file, still working on how to make wireshark smaller. Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks bobdro :)

Two tips for you:
    1. Disable the DVB EPG grabber, both idle and timeshifting (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG). It will be attempting to grab EPG when you think the tuners should be idle.
    2. Set "when card enters idle..." back to "stop card". I have no idea how use of pause could affect tuner locking or unlocking, but I think it is entirely possible that could keep your tuners locked. I'd be surprised if it makes any difference in tuning speed with a CableCARD tuner anyway. You'd get far more benefit from enabling preloading if you're concerned about speed.
    If the problem persists after applying these changes as well as the change described here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hdhomerun-prime-tuner-locked.124328/page-2#post-1061860

... then please post fresh log files... though it is likely I won't be able to investigate further without the wireshark trace as well.

mm

bobdro

Portal Member
    February 8, 2014
    Home Country
    tried the tips and the other instructions. Still ng and not releasing. I will work on getting you files when I can. Thank you for all your help.

jasonl

May 19, 2009
    Silicondust Support
    Home Country
    Well here are the trace/log files for test case 1. This was done using a clean install of Windows 8.1 x64, all Windows Updates, and Windows Firewall updated to allow inbound and outbound ICMP packets. The wireshark log I've attached is from a short test I ran reproducing the issue. The size of the wirshark log from the extensive test was far to big to attach here. If you do however need it, feel free to request it and I will upload it to another host. If you look at the logs, the firewall was turned off at approximately the same time the ICMP packet of length 590 was sent. Keep in mind, after I turned off the tv in the MediaPortal client, I waited at least 10 seconds before turning off the firewall. If you look at the wireshark trace, the HDHR Prime is still sending the Transport Stream, potentially indicating that it never received the command to free the tuner. Hopefully this is enough to draw conclusions from.
    Can you enable the sending of diagnostic data in HDHomeRun Setup, reboot the PRIME, then repeat the test and post the new logs? I want to see what is happening on the HDHomeRun side and compare with the other logs.

Jason / Silicondust

bobdro

Portal Member
    February 8, 2014
    Home Country
    A question please to Jason at Silicondust. As instructed, I enabled diagnostic data but I cannot find the log files. Can you let me know where they are located? Thank you.

A Happy Cloud

Portal Member
    December 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Can you enable the sending of diagnostic data in HDHomeRun Setup, reboot the PRIME, then repeat the test and post the new logs? I want to see what is happening on the HDHomeRun side and compare with the other logs.

Jason / Silicondust

Diagnostic Data was enabled for this test. Test re-done with a clean install of MediaPortal to avoid any complications. Channel being Tuned is WNBC (4). The channel was tuned, and set to record. After at least 10 seconds, the recording was stopped. A few seconds afterwards, MediaPortal was instructed to terminate the live stream. Comparing the WireShark trace with the MediaPortal logs, you can see that the HDHomeRun Prime was still sending data even after the command was sent. The HDHomeRun Prime immediately ceased broadcasting once the Firewall was disabled at around 21:01. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello bobdro

At this point I'm not able to investigate any further from my side. I haven't heard anything from Jason either but I assume he is looking into this and will let us know as soon as he has any news.

As far as your problem is concerned...
    You asked where the log files go after enabling diagnostic data. The answer is that they're automatically sent to Silicondust.
    From a MediaPortal perspective I'd need a wireshark trace from you to confirm that you're experiencing the same problem. Otherwise my hands are tied.

mm

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Hello bobdro

At this point I'm not able to investigate any further from my side. I haven't heard anything from Jason either but I assume he is looking into this and will let us know as soon as he has any news.

As far as your problem is concerned...
    You asked where the log files go after enabling diagnostic data. The answer is that they're automatically sent to Silicondust.
    From a MediaPortal perspective I'd need a wireshark trace from you to confirm that you're experiencing the same problem. Otherwise my hands are tied.

mm

Has Jason been pinged lately?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, I haven't contacted him directly. No private emails sent or received. I was going to wait until the end of this week before asking for an update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom