HDHomeRun Prime Tuner Locked (1 Viewer)

A Happy Cloud

Portal Member
December 24, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Unfortunatelly, this dmp file is useless at this time, because I don't have dbg files from that build.

Is your current build public or internal since I assumed the build that mm1352000 linked to would be the most up to date build.

A Happy Cloud

Portal Member
December 24, 2013
Home Country
It is public (branch MP1-4155), but problem is, when you rebuild filter you get totally different pdb files and crash dump file is useless. So, I've build new filter (same sources) and backup PDB files (both attached to first post in MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter thread).

Ok, so I tested it again with the new filter build and PDB files. Maybe there is some more useful debugging information in the log files since it gave an error generating graph in MediaPortal.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    It is public (branch MP1-4155), but problem is, when you rebuild filter you get totally different pdb files and crash dump file is useless. So, I've build new filter (same sources) and backup PDB files (both attached to first post in MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter thread).

Ok, so I tested it again with the new filter build and PDB files. Maybe there is some more useful debugging information in the log files since it gave an error generating graph in MediaPortal.
    You don't need PDB files for testing, they are only needed for developers in case of crash. But I've attached new filter, which creates output pin on creation of filter, so now should graph creation work.

A Happy Cloud

Portal Member
    December 24, 2013
    Home Country

You don't need PDB files for testing, they are only needed for developers in case of crash. But I've attached new filter, which creates output pin on creation of filter, so now should graph creation work.
    Well your right, I think graph creation works now however I don't believe the filter works, at least not with the HDHomeRun Prime. After trying to tune to a channel, more than a minute later, I get an error saying Program/Channel not found. I've tried it a few times but I've only included my last attempt in the logs. Hope this helps.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    It seems that you accidentally find buffer overflow bug in parsing strings, so thanks :) Anyway, your RTSP server doesn't respond as I thought. So, if you have some time, test new filter.

A Happy Cloud

Portal Member
    December 24, 2013
    Home Country
    It seems that you accidentally find buffer overflow bug in parsing strings, so thanks :) Anyway, your RTSP server doesn't respond as I thought. So, if you have some time, test new filter.
    Well I'm not sure if its supposed to crash the TVServer but it generated a .dmp file which may or may not be of use to you. And of course, I've attached the log files as well.

Attachments

• MPUrlSourceSplitter-2014-03-02-21-38-46-981.zip
      4.5 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But I've attached new filter, which creates output pin on creation of filter, so now should graph creation work.
    I think this is for the best. TVE 3.5 currently will not call load during graph building. It expects to just create the filter and connect it.

A Happy Cloud

Portal Member
    December 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Yes, the filter is cause of crash. Not valid RTSP PLAY response leaded to crash. I fixed all related problems, if you have some time, test new filter.

Well, I just tested it and all I can say is wow...This filter changes channels so much faster than the current filter MediaPortal comes shipped with. I haven't done any long term testing for stability but I will be sure to do so throughout the week. Of course, the firewall issue still exists so I'm not sure what the current course of action for fixing that is. Anyway, I've attached the log files incase anyone is interested. Thanks so much for your work on this filter georgius :)

Edit: Well during the course of my long term testing it appears I have run into an error. At least according to the TSWriter.log, I got a "continuity error." Not sure if its related to the filter but I've attached the new logs nonetheless.

Edit2: Actually, I'm getting continuity error quite often now. Not sure why though. It appears as if it tries one tuner and then tries the next one even though the signal strength is 100%

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom