HDMI Audio Cause TV to Resync (1 Viewer)

MorfiusX

April 3, 2008
TV-Server Version: Not Using TV Server
MediaPortal Version: V1.0.0.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP2
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
HDD: Hitachi 40GB SATA
Memory: 2 GB DDR2
Motherboard: Shuttle SG33G5B - Link
Video Card: Intel GMA 3100
Video Card Driver: 14.34 - Link
Sound Card: Realtek ALC888DD
Sound Card AC3: Bundled w/ System
Sound Card Driver: Bundled w/ System
MPEG2 Video Codec: Included w/ MP
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Included w/ MP
h.264 Video Codec: None
Satelite/CableTV Provider: None
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: Built In
Remote: None
TV: Westinghouse 32" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I am using a Shuttle PC for MP. I am currently watching DVDs with the system while I get the bugs worked out. The Shuttle PC has a built in HDMI output that is capable also providing audio. When I send audio out of the regular output (Non-HDMI), I do not have any problems.

The problem occurs when I configure audio to be sent via HDMI. When this option is enabled, navigating through the menus causes the TV to resync the connection. This is the only time the problem occurs. While watching movies or performing any other task, there is no problem. I have tried both included skins and Xface just to be thorough. All skins have this problem.

Also of note, I am using a keyboard for navigation. When I use the scroll wheel of the mouse, I do not encounter a problem. However, when I click with the mouse on a menu item, I do encounter the problem. With a keyboard, this happens with both the arrow keys and the enter key.

When I navigate items quickly with the keyboard, I can move through few items before the problem occurs. If I move slowly, it will happen every time.

I suspect it may have something to do with the menu sound effects, but that is just a guess.

I posted about this here, but thought the bug report forum would be more appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom