HDPVR Tuning - DirecTV Sub-channels? (1 Viewer)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Good afternoon,

DirecTV has moved NESN-Plus from channel number "629" to a sub-channel of "628-1". Is there any way to make MediaPortal *blast* this channel number with a "-" in it? I'm using the IRSS/TV3Blaster combo, along with the DirecTV ethernet channel changing app to do channel changes at this point.

Surely someone else out there has ran into this before.... (....I hope lol)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Is this something that will be introduced in the future? In speaking with a friend who has DishNetwork, they're now starting to use sub-channels in the same format nnn-y for some of their sports channels, too. Why they're doing this, who knows.... but it sucks lol

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm not familiar... You have a - on your remote? Can you just type 6281 without the dash and get the same result?

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    I'm not familiar... You have a - on your remote? Can you just type 6281 without the dash and get the same result?
    Unfortunately, it's not that simple. it's the cable box that somehow needs to receive the remote control input of "628-1" from MediaPortal to tune to that subchannel. If MP could handle that, then I could even remap the channel to a whole new number without a dash, but it's the DirecTV box and channel numbering scheme causing this issue, really.[DOUBLEPOST=1398230915][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Is this something that will be introduced in the future?
    Not planned.

Is there a way I can properly ask for this to be an enhancement request? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom