HDTV (S2) channels: Stuttering video on Live-TV & Recorder TV (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@tourettes works really fine for me...

Yep, it worked for half of the team testers also without any issues, but other half was having big trouble with it.

Cant this be added as an hidden option? Like the relax ts reader txt file setting?
That way people that have stutters through the network can try the setting without risc that people get problems that didnt have any before.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    @tourettes works really fine for me...

Yep, it worked for half of the team testers also without any issues, but other half was having big trouble with it.

Cant this be added as an hidden option? Like the relax ts reader txt file setting?
    That way people that have stutters through the network can try the setting without risc that people get problems that didnt have any before.

No, as its not a few lines of changed code but instead pretty big change.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tourettes
    This patch changes the logging (doesn't matter), Winsock2 plus Socketiocompletetion. So what about only changing the includes from winsock1 to winsock2 and the libs against which it is compiled? I've tried that and it still compiles fine - i'm not shure if this is an idea...

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006

No, as its not a few lines of changed code but instead pretty big change.

I am just wondering that nobody (even MP Developers) is attending to fix this BUG within the StreamingServer-dll. Even if the patch that cp9999 posted is not working proper – the problem is still there:
    The StreamingServer is limited to 15Mbps – even in MP Final and 1.0.0.1!!

Watching S2-channels via Multiseat is definitively a main task for a Media-Software based on client/server architecture. Therefore there is a fatal error in the TVserver application - not a missing feature or a nice to have.

Regards,
    Olli

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I am just wondering that nobody (even MP Developers) is attending to fix this BUG within the StreamingServer-dll. Even if the patch that cp9999 posted is not working proper – the problem is still there:
    The StreamingServer is limited to 15Mbps – even in MP Final and 1.0.0.1!!

Watching S2-channels via Multiseat is definitively a main task for a Media-Software based on client/server architecture. Therefore there is a fatal error in the TVserver application - not a missing feature or a nice to have.

I guess developer (who is skilled with C++) is experiencing this issue (me included as I have no access to DVB-S2 nor dont use multiseat), so its not getting any attention (althou it would need to be fixed). Usually devs are more keen to fix the issues that are affecting their personal setups.

I guess no one will argue against that fact that when you work with open source software you are concentrating on the areas / issues you personally get benefit. Especially if the required fix / change is big one (like winsock 1 to winsock 2 change).

Also the affected user base is not that big:

multiseat maybe 50%
    DVB-S2 maybe 5%
    specific S2 channels maybe 50%

so 0.5 * 0.5 *0.05 == 1.25%.

So, we need to get some dev interested somehow on this issue. (Maybe someone could provide -S2 channels for me :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom