HECo - Home Entertainment Control (App) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The message that not all fields are filled out comes, because the field "WifiFremote Port" is not filled.
    You might not be able to see it in the picture but 8017 is in the field (was there already) and is Grayed out
    WifiRemote Port = 8017 (will not allow it to be changed)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, i installed the app also. But cannot get past the setup fields. It seems that wifi remote is required but i don't use it when i'm on vacation. Why is that plugin required? I don't know how to set it up through the internet properly with this app. Too bad it's required now i cannot go past the setup and makes it pretty worthless.

Managed to get it working, testing now

Last edited:

silent vapor

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @All: Sorry about bugs, that i havn't seen. I'll check this and give an update asap :)

How will the MP2 version work? Are you building MP2 plugins for MPExtended or writing the uPNP connectivity for each client?

I am not coding at this time on that version, so if MPExtended will not work, i'll try to get the interface through uPNP or an own plugin.

Maybe it is possible to stream from an only-TVServer system?

Where can I find the possibility to change channel groups?

At this time, it needs MPExtended and WifiRemote installed, so i'll make an update, thats make it possible to use the app only with MPExtended without WifiRemote.
    Your second question: Yes you can change the channel groups in Settings-Section. Click on the left-top Menu Button on MainMenu, than select "Settings" and there you can switch between your available ChannelGroups (Radio and TV).

You might not be able to see it in the picture but 8017 is in the field (was there already) and is Grayed out
    WifiRemote Port = 8017 (will not allow it to be changed)

Yes i see it in the picture, but the field ist only filled with the suggestion, so you must enter the port number 8017. But, i'll check it today, if there is a bug on iPad to fill out this field. :) Sorry about the failure ;-(

Hi, i installed the app also. But cannot get past the setup fields. It seems that wifi remote is required but i don't use it when i'm on vacation. Why is that plugin required? I don't know how to set it up through the internet properly with this app. Too bad it's required now i cannot go past the setup and makes it pretty worthless.

Managed to get it working, testing now

I'll take this on my update/bug list. Sorry about that!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    so you must enter the port number 8017. But, i'll check it today, if there is a bug on iPad to fill out this field
    Thanks... Like I said it was filled in but Grayed out and I could not change it.
    Also, How does the Auto Locate for machine name work?
    I ask because when I went and searched, it Auto-Filled the machine name in with Sylvester-local or Sylvester.local (cannot remember the exact name but it did have the local after it).
    I ask because I have 2 machines on the network
    1-Sylvester (Client Only) 192.168.1.100
    2-Bugsbunny (Server) 192.168.1.251
    Both have everything installed that your app requires.

silent vapor

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so you must enter the port number 8017. But, i'll check it today, if there is a bug on iPad to fill out this field
    Thanks... Like I said it was filled in but Grayed out and I could not change it.
    I ask because when I went and searched, it Auto-Filled the machine name in with Sylvester-local or Sylvester.local (cannot remember the exact name but it did have the local after it).

The autodetection on the first config screen will only take the first server that was found and fill out the ports and hostname. Yes it will be XXXX.local (that works)
    Later in the Server Section, there is a list of all servers in the network.

silent vapor

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi breese,

i tested the App on iPad Air.
    I have no problems to fill out the field WIFI Remote Port. So what happens, when you tab in the middle on the row?
    I have seen, that the row sometimes marked as blue, when you hit the row and not the entry-field. That i can change, but i will be sure, that thats the problem or is there another problem :)
    Maybe your interested in a skype session? When yes, than give me please your skype name, i will try to contact you.
    When you dont wont to post it, you can send me an email support@heco-app-com

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I will look into tonight when I get home.... IPad and everything is there and I am at work..
    Taping on all lines (except this one) changes to allow a change
    This one does nothing

I would be interested in hearing anyone that says they can change it

dakota_ii

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    @silent vapor: where do i have to configure the WIFIRemote settings in mediaportal ? Is the Username and the password set to admin by default during Installation?

I found the settings in MPExtended but Not in WIFIRemote. I am Not even sure if i have the correct Login

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok, I figured out the configuration issue
    When you touch the WifiRemote Port (more than once) you finally get a cursor to the far right of the 8017 number
    When the keyboard comes up, hitting the del key does Nothing
    If you type a Number, the 8017 (Grayed out) goes away and takes the # you apply.

Now that I am into the application, Remote works as expected
    TV symbol goes to Initialisiere TV-Programm.... What? that's exact what shows up and it never goes away.
    Radio - I don't have one
    Pictures goes to D: E: and Pictures. Pictures brings up Slide Show.. need to check my config
    Movies - Initialisiere Serien... What?
    Music - Init Music.. Wow one I understand.

Going to take a while to look thru and figure out the Settings page

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom