Help needed with DVB subtitles (1 Viewer)

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I've tested the filter (06), and found no issues, although the display time of some (very few) subtitles looked suspiciously short (it may have been an issue with the low quality of the subtitling in the program). I encountered no stability issues, and the timing of the subtitles was fine when seeking/pausing/watching live TV and recordings.

However, to at least report something:
    When viewing a recording on a HD screen (1920x1200), the rescaling results in a thin green line around the subtitles as previously reported. No big issue, I only notice it since it is my computer monitor and I sit very close.

The subtitles still don't work in multi-seat setup streaming from the TV-server.

Regards
    Seidelin

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I've tested the filter (06), and found no issues, although the display time of some (very few) subtitles looked suspiciously short (it may have been an issue with the low quality of the subtitling in the program). I encountered no stability issues, and the timing of the subtitles was fine when seeking/pausing/watching live TV and recordings.

You could check the c:\DVBsub.log and see what values TIMEOUT has.

However, to at least report something:
    When viewing a recording on a HD screen (1920x1200), the rescaling results in a thin green line around the subtitles as previously reported. No big issue, I only notice it since it is my computer monitor and I sit very close.

Known issue, but so minor that I haven't been yet looking at it.

The subtitles still don't work in multi-seat setup streaming from the TV-server.

Something that I haven't been yet looking at. I hope it's something that's easy to fix :)

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You could check the c:\DVBsub.log and see what values TIMEOUT has.

The timeout is always forced to 5 s (from 60). But some subtitles are displayed way less than 5 s, even though it seems possible to display them longer. I have no idea why.

I will PM you a message with a link to download a sample where it can be observed.
    I have attached the log where the third subtitle is displayed for too short a time, and the logs looks a little strange with e.g. double timeout corrections.

Regards
    Seidelin

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Still experiencing delay problems when watching live TV with the latest test version. The subtitles are showing late and because of the timeout they are showing only for a short amount of time (sometimes just flashing).

/Nyll

bjhans

Portal Member
    April 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Still experiencing delay problems when watching live TV with the latest test version. The subtitles are showing late and because of the timeout they are showing only for a short amount of time (sometimes just flashing).

/Nyll

Exactly what I experience too.

Hansen

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Fixing live tv is a little bit problematic as it's working fine for me. Maybe someone who has the issue is able to debug the timing code?

btw. are you guys talking about the multiseat live tv or single seat? As single seat is only supported right now.

bjhans

Portal Member
    April 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Fixing live tv is a little bit problematic as it's working fine for me. Maybe someone who has the issue is able to debug the timing code?

btw. are you guys talking about the multiseat live tv or single seat? As single seat is only supported right now.

My setup is singleseat.

Hansen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom