Help needed with DVB subtitles (1 Viewer)

jojjal

Portal Pro
October 21, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi..

This is a really importent feture for me...Subtitles in movies is kinda nice...

As teletext/texttv doesnt work for me, donno way but the change in sub lines is about every 15 sec... (have watched the clock in teletext/TextTv) so it is not an option..

But i have installed this ax file (regest it in MP folder, and enable it in mediaportal.xml) but i cant get it to work..

First question. Is there any nordic channels that use this? IE Canal+ or Viasats TV1000? Cant get any subs here. Ive also tried with BBC with no luck.

So plz mention some channels that i can test to see if it works..

Thanks for a great work..

//Johan

Virginie0818

March 1, 2007
Home Country
Taiwan Taiwan
Hi,
I'd like to help to try this filter, but I don't know what the graph looks like? I don't see any output pin...only 3 input pin, and I have no idea how to connect them... Does it mean I cannot try it just use graphedit? Is TVEngine the only way to try this filter? Because I have many country's TS, so I was planning to use TSFileSource filter and graphedit to try if I can see subtitles correctly. Im from asia where there is no subtitle here, so I cannot try it "live".

And just curious, I wonder why not to use an output pin, so we can directly connect to second input pin of vmr9 to see the subtitle? (just like how analog closed caption does) Isn't it more convenient? Or any other concern not to do so? I'll appreciate any reply from anyone~~

Thanks~~

BR,
Virginie

Virginie0818

March 1, 2007
Home Country
Taiwan Taiwan
Hi again,
Could anyone show me how to get TVEngine3 single seat work?
For now I can only use MediaPortal v0.2.2.0 work...but it cannot play subtitle right?
There are so many information on the home site, and I'm a little confused do I need both MP and TVEngine installed? and there are still TVServer, TVClient, ...etc.

I need some help here if I want to use TVEngine3 single seat:
1. what package should I install? (name/version/where to get)
2. how to make it run?

Sorry to ask so many basic question, Im really new to MP...

Thanks.

BR,
Virginie

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have compiled a Debug build based on the same source code as tourettes-test-06. Only thing changed is the hack for timeout settings, where I have increased the forced timeout from 5 s to 7 s (hack described earlier in this thread). This seems to cure the problem with subtitles being displayed way to short, but subtitles may still be delayed slightly.

http://seidelindam.dk/DVBSub_Debug_Seidelin_06-01.zip

This build (being a debug build) will only work if the proper SDK's and maybe VS8 are installed on the HTPC.

The source code used to compile the above is available here (if I could get someone to compile a release version, it would be appreciated):
    http://seidelindam.dk/DVBSubtitle.zip

Regards
    Seidelin

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi..
    First question. Is there any nordic channels that use this? IE Canal+ or Viasats TV1000? Cant get any subs here. Ive also tried with BBC with no luck.

I dont know about Sweden, but here in Denmark, most Cable (DVB-C) and Satellite (DVB-S) channels use Teletext subtitles which are currently not supported by the filter. However, the DVB-T channels i can receive use DVB subtitles. My guess is that some sat and cable settop boxes dont support DVB subtitles, and therefore the provides have to either replace the boxes or stick with teletext subtitles. However, as mentioned earlier, the plan is to include teletext sub support by extending the current subtitle filter.

Im starting to have (slightly) more time on my hands and i think the subtitle filter is the best place for me to work.

I reinstalled windows recently so right now im setting up my development environment again. Following that i think i will probably spent some time on switching my HTPC to TVEngine3, and then take a look at this filter.

Im not sure if im going to try debugging the deadlocks ive been reading about or if im going to try for teletext subtitles right away, and i give no promises on when and if anything will be completed seeing as i know very little about DVB and next to nothing about teletext :)

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The source code used to compile the above is available here (if I could get someone to compile a release version, it would be appreciated):
    http://seidelindam.dk/DVBSubtitle.zip

Ive fixed the build settings for both the Debug and Release configurations. It now compiles against Windows XP SP2 as it should, and the base classes and DX SDK are now located based on two environment variables.

See the build-howto.txt for details.

The source including both debug and release binaries can be downloaded here:
    http://www.content-type.com/19119450/code.zip.htm
    (sorry for the annoying download location)

When i find the time, i will update the project in SVN as well.

BTW: Is this the most recent version of the code, or does the SVN repository contain more recent fixes?

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    BTW: Is this the most recent version of the code, or does the SVN repository contain more recent fixes?

The SVN contains more fixes, including something with a "working thread" as far as I can tell. With the current SVN version MP hangs when video/timeshifted tv is paused (i.e. not suitable for the public).

The code I posted was pretty much SVN of DVBsubtitles from April 9th (which in my experience is the most stable. In test-07 version (April 10th) I often observe the subtitles stop displaying (typically every 5 mins)).

The code I posted is equivalent to Tourettes testversion-06 (except for the minor correction in the timing hack - it has big impact on the WAF though. It has solved most of the problems with subtitles being displayed too late).

If you don't mind I will extract the release dvbsub.ax and publish it on a less annoying server:
    http://seidelindam.dk/dvbsubtest06_timinghack.zip

Regards
    Seidelin

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The SVN contains more fixes, including something with a "working thread" as far as I can tell. With the current SVN version MP hangs when video/timeshifted tv is paused (i.e. not suitable for the public).

Okay, guess i need tourettes to bring me up to date, its been a while since i had a chance to look at this :)

If you don't mind I will extract the release dvbsub.ax and publish it on a less annoying server:
    http://seidelindam.dk/dvbsubtest06_timinghack.zip

Go right ahead :) I just went for the first free upload place i could find ;)

henrik4223

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2007
    I have installed the 6 version, but I am not able to install the hacked version which is extremely anoying, at the subs constantley are a few seconds late.

Can anyone help me?

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have installed the 6 version, but I am not able to install the hacked version which is extremely anoying, at the subs constantley are a few seconds late.

Can anyone help me?

I will try posting a new build based on tourettes test version 7, with the same hack I applied to version 6. After doing some more testing, I find that the two filters have the same problems, but version 7 seems slightly more stable. This is contrary to my previous perception of the stability of the two versions.

The most problematic issue occurs in live/timeshifted TV where the subtitles disappear every few minutes and a seek has to be performed to make them reappear. There also seems to be general stability issues when the filter is registered in MediaPortal. Also the subtitles are still often delayed somewhat.

I will post the new build when I get home sometime tomorrow.

Regards
    Seidelin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom