Help needed with DVB subtitles (1 Viewer)

LiMiT

Portal Member
December 26, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Actually, that won't be a problem for me. I just need the compiled filter for reasons stated above and I would really appreciate it if someone could mail it or put it up on a webpage for me to download.

Like I said, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    LiMiT said:
    Actually, that won't be a problem for me. I just need the compiled filter for reasons stated above and I would really appreciate it if someone could mail it or put it up on a webpage for me to download.

Ok, you can download the filter from http://day2.no-ip.org/MPSubTrans.ax . It has subtitle PID harcoded to 0xffb, so there is about 0.5% change that it will work for you :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Checksum said:
    Hi Tourettes

You might find some inspiration here: http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~luke.paton/

It is a working DVB-t Subtitle Filter with C++ sourcecode included.

I am really looking forward to DVB-T subtitle support in MP :)

That is using teletext data for subtitles not the DVB stream data. Also it's using VMR renderer alpha channel to display those rendered subtitles and because MediaPortal is using YUV mixing mode in VMR9 the alpha channel can't be used.

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When can we expect an alpha version or something? 3 months? 6 months? Is it realistic to expect one in the near future?

It would be awesome since watching japanese movies and such is bit of a problem :)

jazZman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi there,
    I don't mean to be pushy or anything but I was wondering how the work on the DVB-T subtitles was developing.
    This one is kind of important to me as my wife is more than a little hearing impared, and so needs this to be able to enjoy watching TV.

If I can be of any assistance, you know, make coffee, run errands, perhaps help with the testing, just holler.

Thanks again, for the effort so far :)

Cheers

Jamie

KXE_DENMARK

Portal Member
    May 10, 2006
    Aarhus Denmark
    I would also like very much to hear if there is any news as to when a beta version will be out..

In Denmark we have three DVB-T channels all supporting DVB subtitles, and I really do like to have the subtitles to support me when a program is not in my native language (or English or German).. :p

If I can be of any help, I would sure love to. I am a software developer, but I usually code in C++, but I have some experience in C# and .net also.. No experience in DirectX or DVB though.

Just let me know if I can help out..

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    tourettes: Just out of interest, how does the new TV engine affect the development of DVB subtitle support?

Seveni

Portal Member
    February 23, 2006
    Ok, here comes the good news.

Based on tourettes work and with his cooperation I've finally solved the scaling problem. DVB subtitles now work with other than 720x576 resolutions too, like 704x576 etc..

We'll keep you informed of the next steps of development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom