Help needed with DVB subtitles (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    SweMart said:
    tourettes: Just out of interest, how does the new TV engine affect the development of DVB subtitle support?

Well, it shouldn't affect that much. As long as the MP client will get the subtitle stream data from the tv service all should be ok. It might be that in the first stage(s) of the tv service that subtitle stream isn't provided but it I'm sure that Frodo will add that feature to the tv engine at some point, after the more basic features are implemented and they are stable enough.

Good news is that Seveni has been able to help in the subtitle filter development as I have had really busy "real" life and also the work has been keeping me away from the MP.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Subtitle directshow filter's source codes has been added to SVN. Filter itself hasn't been integrated in MediaPortal. Only developers should be interested in that. This won't affect normal users in anyway.

goran

Portal Member
    January 15, 2006
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Hi All,

Just a question. Are DVB subtitles always transfered through tele-text?
    The reason I'm asking is that my provider (Comhem) seems to transfer the subtitles through tele-text. I've read some forums (MythTv) and got the impression that there are two standards to transfer subtitles through DVB. Tele-text being one and the other through a separate stream, or am I wrong?
    Are there two ways of sending subtitles through DVB or just one? If there are two ways, which one is being implemented in MediaPortal?

///Goran

Checksum

Portal Member
    April 16, 2006
    Taasinge, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You are totally right. Two ways of sending subtitles exists as you describe.
    Teletext subtitles is already supported by MP.
    We are still waiting for MP to support DVB subtitles(subtitles in a separate stream)

Regards
    Checksum

goran

Portal Member
    January 15, 2006
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Hi Again,

There acctually are two ways of transmitting DVB subtitles "bit-map" and "code-based" see URL for more info

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache...AQ.pdf+dvb+subtitles&hl=sv&gl=se&ct=clnk&cd=2

Which one will Mediaportal support? And better yet, which one of these is the tele-text based one? Or is this two completely different things I'm talking about? As you might see, I'm in deep water, that's why I'm asking you guys :wink:

blackburn_

Portal Member
    July 22, 2006
    Can someone please confirm that teletext subtitles are/are not working in MP, and if they are, how do you enable them? The lack of subtitles support is the only thing that keeps me (and probably many more up here in scandinavia) from using MP full time so I'm really curious.

I guess the developers must know if it's implemented or not?

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    What is the current situation of DVB-subtitles? Is this project even alive anymore?
    Haven't heard from developers quite a while now. Keep up the good work!

Best regards,
    Kari

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom