Help needed with DVB subtitles (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    We need anyone with DirectShow / DVB knowledge willing to look in couple of issues. Please read on and have a look:

I would need help with the following...

1. Subtitle syncing ( how to sync Subtitle PES header PTS with DirectShow )
    2. UYVY colorspace handling (currently all subtitles are rendered in a lovely pink color)
    3. Subdecoder produces currently only fixed size (720x576) subtitle bitmaps ( this is not efficient as it could be but needs changes in the subtitle decoding itself )
    4. Subtitles are rendered corretly only when video width is exactly 720 pixels
    5. Subtitle decoding should be run in a different thread (maybe not mandatory at least at not this point in the development)

(The previous thread in the feature request forum was accidentally removed.)

majland

Portal Member
    January 24, 2005
    dannyb0y said:
    Where can I find your work so far? I would really help you developing DVBSubs.

I can not be of much help for the programming (even trough i do it for a living but i don't have the experience you are looking for) but i'll be glad to help debug it...

My tv provider has just startet broadcasting dvb subtitles enstead of fixed ones in the picture.

Anders Majland, Denmark
    Pc's with hauppauge nova-t

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    dannyb0y said:
    Where can I find your work so far? I would really help you developing DVBSubs.

If you are interested I can send you the current source codes, just PM me with your email address.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Here are the (short) build instructions for the DVB subtitle filter:

1. Make sure that you are able to compile MediaPortal MPSA filter in CVS. Following forum thread should be able to quide you: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12101&highlight=mpsa

2. After MPSA can be compile, you should be able to compile DVB filter without problems.

3. For testing the filter you'll need a TS stream that contains all PIDs for one channel that has DVB subtitles. This can be recorded at least with TSReader (full version) or maybe with MyTheatre.

4. To build a graph in Graph edit youl'll need to use either MediaPortal's TS source (MPTS.ax) or TSFileSource (http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=4465).

5. Graph should be looking almost like this -> http://day2.no-ip.org/pictures/graph.png. There is currently one more pin connection between MS demuxer and the subtitle filter.

6. Pins in Subtitle filter

- Video input pin ( decoded video stream as UYVY or YUV2 format)
    - Audio input pin takes complete audio TS stream
    - subtitle input pin takes subtitpe PID TS payload
    - output pin outputs UYVY or YUV2 video stream to VMR9 / overlay renderer

7. in source code there is hard coded PID number for channels subtitle PID - m_pSubtitlePin->SetSubtitlePID( 0x403 ); change that for correct value

Hopefully I didn't miss much information, but I'm currently a little bit busy and not at home, so I couldn't check all those details. Let me know how the building / testing works or if you have some issues and I'll try to help with those.

LiMiT

Portal Member
    December 26, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey guys, I want to ask you all if anyone of you managed to compile the DVB subtitle filter? If so, could you please send it my way (the compiled filter)? I am using Delphi to code my small apps and therefore I don't have the correct applications to compile.

Send it to limit_@gmx.net

I appreciate it!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    LiMiT said:
    Hey guys, I want to ask you all if anyone of you managed to compile the DVB subtitle filter? If so, could you please send it my way (the compiled filter)? I am using Delphi to code my small apps and therefore I don't have the correct applications to compile.

Send it to limit_@gmx.net

I appreciate it!

Current source code has hard coded PID value for subtitle stream, so using pre-compiled filter won't propably work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom