[Approved] HELP test: fix for - some cards are slow at tuning. (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: HELP test: fix for - some cards are slow at tuning.

But for DVB-C it is working very good - cause when i select DVB-C network provider i cannot tune to any channel at all.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: HELP test: fix for - some cards are slow at tuning.

But for DVB-C it is working very good - cause when i select DVB-C network provider i cannot tune to any channel at all.

Again one weird result with specific drivers and hardware. Unfortunately BDA drivers are pretty bad on general level. Thats why we need to have those ugly workarounds that user must test by him/herself.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

No problem for me as it is working great with general provider (1,5-2s). And even more greater with this patch :) (1,0-1,5s)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: HELP test: fix for - some cards are slow at tuning.

OT:

Again one weird result with specific drivers and hardware. Unfortunately BDA drivers are pretty bad on general level. Thats why we need to have those ugly workarounds that user must test by him/herself.

Thanks for the hint, again :)

I just share my findings with others. If it helps other users as well, why not? We can't do anything to improve the drivers of the manufacturer, we just have to find a way to make them work ;)

I think all MP developers out there are doing a really great and awesome job! :D
    I just try to support the whole community with my findings and perhaps some improvements :)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well as I reported earlier in this thread there is some glitch in this implementation regarding recordings.
    I have dual DVB-t tuners (see my specs) and one of my DVB cards does not like this implementation (SAA7134).
    As I said in my previous post I discovered this when recording with that card. I'm not sure if it is only recording but here is my findings:

The first log posted with this scenario:
    1. Cleared the logs restart the tvservice after replacing the files (patch2)
    2. Start MP in debug mode (cleared the logs first)
    3. Bring up the guide start a recording of SVT1 (Morden i midsummer). Recording starts on SAA7134.
    4. Starting to watch the running recording - works ok.
    5. Stop the recording - the recording stops but the recorded file stays - that is I'm not able to delete the file.
    6. Tries to start another recording with the samecard on antoher channel - on another TP/MUX - it takes ages for MP to respond - eventually brings up the recording symbol - but the recording does not start anyway. The TV guide indicates a recording is underway - but still no recording.
    7. Tries to stop the (non) recording - nothing to stop.
    8. Exit MP - restart the tv service - now I'm able to delete the first file - the second recording did never start.

I have also another symptom - that when the tv service is restarted - the first recording that you start with my SAA7134 works - but when trying recording another - the recorded file is corrupt - it plays the previous recording from the beginning but is corrupt. By corrupt I mean that it plays only the first two-three frames over and over again...

When trying to reproduce this with plain RC6 i do not have any prblem at all - the second log. I tried the same step as above and also clearing the log directories in advance.

This is a great feature that I want to have - but it is not working with my SAA7134. I have not been able to reproduce this with my FireDTV card, yet. But since it does ot show up in normal TV viewing it perhaps is someting only with the recording code?

Please let me know if you need more info.
    Thanks

UPDATE: I did just now confirm that it is the same when watching live TV on my SAA7134 - it works the first time the TVservice is started but never again it just shows the first few frames over and over again (also the sound is repeated). When restarting the TVservice - it works again until I choose another MUX/TP on that card.

So I guess this is perhaps some driver/hardware issue with my SAA7134... It is a pity since it is a real improvement zapping wise... It is not possible to enable this on card basis only (improvement suggestion)?

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thanks for the very descriptive bug report :)

did you try and update the BDA drivers of your SAA7134 card ?

I did initially suggest some sort of new card setting for the team but it didn't come down too well.
    I can see their point .. "yet another setting" :(

/gibman

Well as I reported earlier in this thread there is some glitch in this implementation regarding recordings.
    I have dual DVB-t tuners (see my specs) and one of my DVB cards does not like this implementation (SAA7134).
    As I said in my previous post I discovered this when recording with that card. I'm not sure if it is only recording but here is my findings:

The first log posted with this scenario:
    1. Cleared the logs restart the tvservice after replacing the files (patch2)
    2. Start MP in debug mode (cleared the logs first)
    3. Bring up the guide start a recording of SVT1 (Morden i midsummer). Recording starts on SAA7134.
    4. Starting to watch the running recording - works ok.
    5. Stop the recording - the recording stops but the recorded file stays - that is I'm not able to delete the file.
    6. Tries to start another recording with the samecard on antoher channel - on another TP/MUX - it takes ages for MP to respond - eventually brings up the recording symbol - but the recording does not start anyway. The TV guide indicates a recording is underway - but still no recording.
    7. Tries to stop the (non) recording - nothing to stop.
    8. Exit MP - restart the tv service - now I'm able to delete the first file - the second recording did never start.

I have also another symptom - that when the tv service is restarted - the first recording that you start with my SAA7134 works - but when trying recording another - the recorded file is corrupt - it plays the previous recording from the beginning but is corrupt. By corrupt I mean that it plays only the first two-three frames over and over again...

When trying to reproduce this with plain RC6 i do not have any prblem at all - the second log. I tried the same step as above and also clearing the log directories in advance.

This is a great feature that I want to have - but it is not working with my SAA7134. I have not been able to reproduce this with my FireDTV card, yet. But since it does ot show up in normal TV viewing it perhaps is someting only with the recording code?

Please let me know if you need more info.
    Thanks

UPDATE: I did just now confirm that it is the same when watching live TV on my SAA7134 - it works the first time the TVservice is started but never again it just shows the first few frames over and over again (also the sound is repeated). When restarting the TVservice - it works again until I choose another MUX/TP on that card.

So I guess this is perhaps some driver/hardware issue with my SAA7134... It is a pity since it is a real improvement zapping wise... It is not possible to enable this on card basis only (improvement suggestion)?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

gibman
    what about to introduce this as a new debug setting?

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    thanks for the very descriptive bug report :)

I did initially suggest some sort of new card setting for the team but it didn't come down too well.
    I can see their point .. "yet another setting" :(

I agree with you, this setting should be at the card level, because not every card likes it. I hope that team change their mind.

romadd

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I haven't seen any testing of analog channels..

This patch almost certainly screwed with the teletext of analog channels..

For example, this log line in MPFileWriter.log was missing:

15-07-2010 22:10:57.631 TELETEXT: got signal...

Perhaps I'll have more info when I get home (working these issues over remote is a pain) but for the time being i removed the patched binaries..

slarve

Portal Member
    July 30, 2007
    You are on to something here!

My Hauppauge HVR4000 saves 5.5 seconds between RunGraph and
    LockedInOnSignal while my Terratec Cinergy S2 saves 2.4 seconds!!:D

Had some stability issues though and went back to normal installation but definitely something to work on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom