Help us to nail down the general problems with some technotrend cards (1 Viewer)

Olly666

Portal Member
April 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a question. Is there anyone which are still trying to solve the problem with TT boxes?

Hi! Actually I am using a TT CT-3650 CI which suffers a lot since >RC4. When scanning for channels in the TV Server Config the TV Service crashes very often. Additionally, Live TV stutters a lot - especially on scrambled channels. So I tried with a fresh system but nothing changes, except that now it´s nearly impossible to watch scrambles channels (big bunch of continuity counter errors in tswriter log). Will check the whole thread here for things that I can try to make it better - will giv additional feedback soon.

btw. I don´t watch HDTV so my CPU is fast enough I guess - approx. at 30% while Live TVing.

Best regards,
Olly

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    for crashes in channel scanning please post log files.

the stuttering issues are discussed very detailed here in forum. use search, you'll find german and english threads. my own stutterings are gone after I set "don't drop discontinued packets" (tvclient setting) and disabled cool&quiet for my AMD cpu (or better: I forced it to run at lowest speed via vistas power settings)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    please try attached tswriter (VC2008 build!)

it does retry one time if slot state is unknown (3 sec delay from ConditionalAccess.cs), when next time state is still unknown it returns "success". this way FTA channels will work again.

If you can confirm that it's working I will add same changes to C# side (future implementation)

:D

Yes It is working good so far. Thank You.

Olly666

Portal Member
    April 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

The "don´t drop discontinued..." option seems to help on the channels I can receive (FTAs), but I still get black screen and no audio on scrambled channels. Which MP version is your modifies tswriter for, Morpheus? Latest SVN or should it work with 1.0.1.0 too?

Thx,
    Olly

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it is based on 1.0.1. but should also work with recent svn's.

you get black screen on scrambled channels? you should get a message "channel is scrambled"?

please post your log files.

Olly666

Portal Member
    April 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tried some more channel scanning and now I get a picture at least on some scrambled channels, but it´s not really a good picture - see attachment. I also attached the log files. Did clean ones here which means, that I delete the old logs, startet up MP, switched to a FTA channel and then to a scrambled channel, before I left MP again. As far as I can see it looks like some continuitiy problem. :confused:

edit: Updated my Alphacrypt Classic to V3.19 today - no changes.

Attachments

• screenshot_001.jpg
      screenshot_001.jpg
      78.1 KB

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi

Hi,

just a note to say thank you ;)
    Yesterday received my TT 3650 CI (Cable version) and with the hints in this thread I was actually able to get it up and running.

Had some system 'hangs' in my setup, but overall I'm very pleased.
    Will do some more in depth testing and feedback results into this thread. Will focus on stability and interoperability with my analog hauppauge pvr500 card.

Regards,
    Ruud.

ChristerS

Portal Member
    February 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ruud:
    It think it whould be interesting to know what "hints" was god for you and yours experince.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ruud:
    It think it whould be interesting to know what "hints" was god for you and yours experince.

Hi ChristerS,

it were the following hints:
    Use the previous tt drivers. (attached)
    At TVServer Configuration,
    General settings:
    Scan->PMT: 30
    Timeshift-> Wait for unscrambled signal: 30
    Timeshift->Wait for timeshifting file: 30

I found that using the latest drivers ended up up in 'no signal' on al transponders when scanning for channels.

Only have one problem that I cannot reproduce at will.... My tv server is on 24/7 as it is also used for other purposes, every morning I have to restart the tv service in order for the TT to work. I get a time out on PMT (set timeout to 45, no result) and it starts using my analog cards as source.

I also have on some channels a problem I just saw that someone reported (picture freeze)

Need to find some time to setup some use cases and test these....

regards,
    Ruud.

Olly666

Portal Member
    April 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all!

Just got some new hardware here as base system, so I will set up a complete fresh system. Will try the settings mentioned here and then I´ll report ASAP. ;)

Thx so far and have a nice weekend all...
    Olly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom