Help us to nail down the general problems with some technotrend cards (1 Viewer)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
July 24, 2008
standby dont work to well with technotrend cards.. my other freeview card works ok

But if I use technotrend c-1501 to view a channel then go in to standby when it comes out of standby Tv server times out and I have to restart mediaportal.. also if I use technotrend c-1501 to view a channel when it come out of standby it locks up the computer some times..

With mediaportal v1.0 it would always say codec error or some thing only way to get it working would be to restart tv server.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think for this issue I found out the cause: stopping the graph was denied for TT card with CI. I removed this limit and did not have any problems thereafter.

With the next public svn you could test those changes for youself :)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    I think for this issue I found out the cause: stopping the graph was denied for TT card with CI. I removed this limit and did not have any problems thereafter.

I could do.. I would have to image the drive so I can go back..

But I still geting .net 3.5 errors from mediaportal v1.0.1 i have update to v1.0.2 if go in to plugins it crash and gives .net error.. think only clean install of mediaportal can fix this.

dev should make it easier to set up mediaportal I used it on virgin cable and freeview and take hours to get all the channels in right order and join freeview channels with cable ones.. premade profile for this would be better and save loads of time. only need 4 profiles for UK.. sky + Freeview. FreeSat + freeview. Virgin Cable + Freeview.. Freeview only.

Olly666

Portal Member
    April 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all again!

After taking a rest from TVing on PC I gave it a new try. Unfortunately it does not seem to be a codec problem as I can't preview scrambled channels properly in the server configuration - oh well, some do work and some do not. Maybe another german MP user can help me out with this as mostly this problem can be seen on RTL, ProSieben, Sat.1 etc.

Regards,
    Olly

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi all again!

After taking a rest from TVing on PC I gave it a new try. Unfortunately it does not seem to be a codec problem as I can't preview scrambled channels properly in the server configuration - oh well, some do work and some do not. Maybe another german MP user can help me out with this as mostly this problem can be seen on RTL, ProSieben, Sat.1 etc.

Regards,
    Olly

If you have a C/T/S-1500 then throw it in the bin. They where the worst TV cards ever made. I had constant issues tuning to channels. It is a known issue with technotrend that the tuner was a peice of crap. hence why it was changed in the 1501.

I doubt it is a MP issue. Technotend seemed to have closed. probably because of this.

Olly666

Portal Member
    April 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you have a C/T/S-1500 then throw it in the bin. They where the worst TV cards ever made. I had constant issues tuning to channels. It is a known issue with technotrend that the tuner was a peice of crap. hence why it was changed in the 1501.

I doubt it is a MP issue. Technotend seemed to have closed. probably because of this.

It´s not a 1500 - I use a 3650-CI which worked fine some months ago, but I can´t get the same setup back (not documented). :(

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    Hi all again!

Regards,
    Olly

I have Technotrend TT-budget C-1501 what card do you think works well with mediaportal

johans

Portal Member
    October 31, 2006
    Unable to start graph after suspend with TT CT-3650

Hi Morpheus,

I'm currently running a fresh install MP TvServer 1.0.2 with a technotrend CT-3650CI (DVB-C) (w/CONAX CAM) and it´is working just fine with driver version 1.0.2.20 up until the system goes into suspend (thru powerscheduler, with the reinit device checked).

But when the system resumes I get an "Unable to start graph" message, the TT card won't start working until I've rebooted my system - then it works just fine.

Attached logs will show the following sequence:

2009-10-12 18:38:31.125000 - HTPC rebooted
    2009-10-12 18:38:57.609375 - I tune to the Discovery Science Channel - It works!
    2009-10-12 18:39:38.984375 - I stop watching TV and goes to the "Home Screen" of MP
    2009-10-12 18:45:33.687500 - The system goes into suspend (PowerScheduler set to 5 mins)
    2009-10-12 18:48:30.640625 - I press the "Power Switch" on the remote to get the machine to resume from Standby
    2009-10-12 18:49:33.031250 - I tune to the Discovery Science Channel - It doesn't work "Unable to start graph"
    2009-10-12 18:49:41.234375 - I try to tune to the Discovery Science Channel again - I still doesn't work but no I get "Unknown error or something similar".

I haven't started fooling about with MPSH and other pre/post scripts yet, as I believe this should work (I had it working on my previous HTPC) so I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Johan S

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    since the 1.0.2 there were too many changes. I only can recommend that you install 1.1 beta + latest svn.

please try again with current version, maybe your problem is solved then also ;)

Olly666

Portal Member
    April 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will try final of new version when it´s out. Sad to say that DVBViewer is running fine on the same hardware with the same drivers. Anyway I would prefer using MP as it´s usability is far better.

Will keep you informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom