Help us to nail down the general problems with some technotrend cards (1 Viewer)

loendersloot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2008
    Groningen (The Netherlands)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, my mistake. I read your other thread though, and I was assuming that the bug was fixed for the Tecnotrend S2-3650-Ci and budget series, while I have the CT-3650-Ci.

What can I do to fix this problem?
    dekkers, if it's working, my view is perfect. This is a snapshot:

mp_sh_01.png

/edit

This is the right topic tough?

Help us to nail down the general problems with some technotrend cards

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With help of loendersloot I found an issue with the TT USB box and CI handling: 0002061: Technotrend 3650 CI doesn't work sometime - MediaPortal Bugtracker

It's cause is, that the box doesn't tell the right CI state (it usually tells "module inserted" and not "module ok/ ca ok"). It's fixed now by interpreting this as "ready" for USB boxes (other card types not affected by this change).

Edit: ^ this wasn't true. It's mainly because the usb box is initializing cam too slow, and the the "inserted module" state was not handled the right way.

Fix is included in svn 22033, so please test and report any issues ;)

MediaFreak Ralf

April 30, 2005
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm... in the Forum 22029 is stated, does that include the fix? This version is currently installed on my system (both Server and Client). I have the same circumstance as Loendersloot and the problem is making the HTPC not quite trustworthy at the moment ;-(

Situation:
    Two TechnoTrend TT-Connect CT 3650 CI (for DVB-C)
    Alphacrypt cams (one ver 3.10, one ver 3.12)
    Ziggo DVB-C provider
    Multi-seat installation

I can confirm the problems: the tuner is not able to 'descramble' (or get the CAM working) and finnaly tries the next Tuner, which 'might' work, but oftentimes fails aswell. As you can see if you are recording on two tuners at once the chance that one of them breakes is eminent. Hope you guys can find a good solution because everything looks so nice when the Tuner does work!

loendersloot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's not completely over, but it works better with 22029. I stood op this morning and had to reboot the tvserver before I could tune to a channel.
    But, it's going in the right way. I can watch tv.

At TVServer Configuration,
    General settings:
    Scan->PMT: 30
    Timeshift-> Wait for unscrambled signal: 30
    Timeshift->Wait for timeshifting file: 30

The CT-3650-Ci is just very slow with Mediaportal.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks loendersloot, you were faster in replying ;)

MediaFreak Ralf:
    Please use the latest public svn here:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-03-22-2009-14-53h-revision-22029-rar-56831/
    and the replace the tswriter with the one frome attachment. It is a newer version, that handles the init better...
    (Don't use disasters123's build with this tswriter, it's not compatible and will crash)

and use the settings loendersloot has mentioned...

please post logfiles if problem still exists.

MediaFreak Ralf

April 30, 2005
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    morpheus_xx

Thank you for your answer so far.
    Attached my new logs, using the new TSWriter. I have had 2 sessions: one with my original settings, and one with Loendersloots settings. I see the following behaviour:
    My primary tuner does ok for a few channels. Than one goes wrong (scrambled) and the server uses the next tuner which most of the times unscrambles and shows the channel. After going wrong once, it looks like the tuner/CAM is not reset well. Maybe you can see what is going on, i don't want to suspect my cam, cause other software (i.e. Prog dvb) works oké.

Tonight i won't be able to check/install new files/fixes, but tomorrow i am available for testing!
    Regards,
    Ralf

ChristerS

Portal Member
    February 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My experince with TT card is that

1. Scramble channels are working the second time you try to tune to a scamble channel with a TT card (I've S2-3200 and S2-3650).
    2. It also can work if you preload the card. But I can not preload both my card becasue in this case none of the cards working.
    3. It can also help if EPG access the card. After the EPG access the tuning of scramble channls ar working.
    4. The latest driver (1.0.3.8) for 3650 is not working properly, so I went back to previous version(1.0.2.20) (but I have updated the firmware). Fore 3200 I'm using the latest driver (5.0.1.8).

My setup today is to preload the 3650 and make the EPG access the 3200 in interval of 30 minutes. So when i start the TVServer and the computer has been of longer than 30 minutes both cards will work.

I will try the latest SVN and Morpheus_xx Tswriter and report my findings (probably tomorrow). I'm currently runnnig Disasters build from March 7.

ChristerS

Portal Member
    February 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I could not wait so I tiry the new SVN and Morpheus_xx Tswriter.ax

I switch so no cards preloads, and do no use any card for EPG.

Guess what!

My both card works like a charm. And this is the first time since I started to use TVserver, what i can remember.

I did a reboot and start the MP a scramble channel is tuned, start recording the channel, and the start to swap between other channels (both HD and SD). And everything works! :D

I will test more tomorrow, but so far the best build ever for my TT cards! Try the latest driver for 3650 for example and see if it works.

btw I'm using 4therecord.

I have attached logs

loendersloot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So you are not using the lastest driver for your technotrend?
    Maybe I should use the previous driver also.

I have this behaviour also:

My primary tuner does ok for a few channels. Than one goes wrong (scrambled) and the server uses the next tuner which most of the times unscrambles and shows the channel. After going wrong once, it looks like the tuner/CAM is not reset well

My secondary card is an Hauppauge 500 mce, but it will take over if it's on a channel that I can get analogue too. Else I get "Not Supported by your recorders/tuners" (message from 4tr)

So maybe swapping to the previous driver will solve this issue. I will try that this afternoon and let you know.

I also use 4TheRecord.

loendersloot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I installed the ttusb2bda_1.0.2.20 drivers and everything is working much smoother now. I've been switching channels for 40 times now and no lockup. (again fingers crossed).

Switching channels is also much faster.

I can't stop switching channels. Wheee! Me is a very lucky person now, after half a year struggling with this ct-3650-ci everything finally seems to be working.

/edit
    Been switching channels for half an hour now, still no lockup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom