Help with setting up Set Top Box and TvEngine3 (1 Viewer)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    no that's ok, what you've given me tells me everything I need.

Thanks,

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I re-wrote my DirecTVTune plugin to work with the TV server, I'll post the binaries and source when I get home from work.

WarwickChai

December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    want to control my set top box (STB)

hi guys
    i have a foxtel STB. and want to control it in conjuction with the tvserver.

ok
    1. got the tvserver working ok (after fixing SQL Server remote access problem)
    2. can connect my client

want to know the best way to setup the foxtel channels so i can select them and have the IR commands sent to the STB to change the channel. from what i can see the options are
    -HIP
    -MCE Remote replacement
    -myBlaster (plus tv server tv3exthanger plugin)

got the myblaster running, can record the ir commands but i can NOT work out
    a) how to make the tv3ExtChanger plug in (which works ok) to test successfully in tvserver management console and send commands (works fine in blaster.dat and have copied this to serverblaster.dat)
    b) can not work out how to setup a channel in tvserver mgt console to be an external channel with IR send to change the channel on the STB

can someone help me fix this in tv3extchanger, or tell me if i should consider another program? (i.e. HIP, or MCE remote replacement)

W/.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The MCE Replacement Plugin is for MediaPortal Client, and as such it can't be used to change channels for the server.

TV3ExtChanger doesn't have IR blasting capabilities. You can use it for external programs and serial commands.

MyBlaster is for the mediaportal client. ServerBlaster is for the server.

HIP does have blasting, but you'd need to use the HIP Send utility and use it with the TV3ExtChanger to change channels.

There is a test version of the TV3 Replacement Blaster plugin I've written floating around, it's based on the TV3ExtChanger but adds IR blasting. The problem with this is that you can't use both MCE Replacement plugin and the TV3 Replacement blaster at the same time on the same computer, because of a limitation with the MCE Ir Api.

You'd need to mix and match and experiment. There's no real total solution at the moment as far as I know. But there are many people, myself included, working on it as we speak.

Hope that helps a little. There are probably other out there with working setups who could lend some advice ...

Cheers,

WarwickChai

December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Recomended solution for tvServer.

hi
    I am really confused now. So if i have
    - TV Server 3 with latest SVN
    - TV Client with latest SVN
    all working hunky dory (which really rocks by the way!!)

Whats the best (if its possible at all) way to setup the channel so i can
    a) see all the FTA and Foxtel channels in MP
    b) when i select a channel (Foxtel 100) in MP, it will not only select CVBS#2 (which is does now) but also send the IR commands to the foxtel STB box to change channels to 100.

I did setup TV3Server plugin and used mceirrec and mceirplay which all work fine, and i setup TV3Server plugin to call
    'mceirplay -i 1.IR -b1'
    'mceirplay -i 0.IR -b1'
    'mceirplay -i 0.IR -b1'

Which when i run it manually works fine, but no nIR commands are being sent when i select the channel.

See screen shots of how tvserver is setup.. am i doing it wrong. am i using the wrong software all together. Should i keep working on this. Or be using different software for channel changing on server and client?

W/.

Boz

December 26, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Confused as well !

Hi,

I have just set up the TV engine, and everything seems to be working fine, except for blasting to my STB.

I have an MCE remote with the bundled ir receiver and blasters.

I was previously using blaster.exe and that worked a treat.

I have been scanning the forums for everything that I can think of but can't work out how to do this.

I have seen reference to a modified version of blaster for the server but can't find it??

Is anyone able to help? :confused:

Thanks

Boz

December 26, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorted!

I have finally managed to find a copy of serverblaster - I think it was staring me in the face :)

Anyway - this has worked a treat and I can now change channels on my STB!

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi I feel like an idiot! How do I use the TV3ExternalCannelChange?

What I want to do is this:

I have serveral channels coming from a STB on my haupauge 150MCE via SVHS. I have a batch file that when run with the channel number as parameter it makes the STB change to that channel. This setup has been working fine for me in MP using the mpextcmd plugin. How do I implement this in TVengine3 ? I see things like "Digit 0" "Digit 2" "select" "PreChange" etc. I don't understand this. I really just have 1 command I need to call when changing to certin analog channels???

Cheers,
    Rhys

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    rhys:

Try just setting a "Select" command in the plugin and setting it to launch your batch file with the %2 parameter which is the full channel number.

Download the MCE Replacement Plugin and have a look at the documentation from it. It explains this plugin in better detail. Because this plugin is essentially just the External Channel Changing from the MCE Replacement Plugin (without the IR code stuff).

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom