Help with USB TV Stick (Hauppage NOVA-T) (1 Viewer)

tomardern

February 3, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a Nova T SE usb2 stick, mediaportal cant seem to find it, how can i use media portal with this usb stick?

Thanks,

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Which driver did you install? Some tuners have a driver for their own viewing software and a seperate BDA one compatible with MCE. If you have several options choose to install whatever is supposed to work with Microsoft Media Center.

Please check the list of supported cards to make sure your card is on it.

Also, when you say MP doesnt seem to find it, what exactly are you basing that on? Have you tried adding it with Configuration.exe?

Before you answer, i would suggest that you read this as your question could have been phrased much better:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

tomardern

February 3, 2007
    Home Country
    I have the latest Drivers from hauppage.

The configuration says I have no TV Card connected.

:sorry: for the bad posts.

Please help!

Thanks,

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Are you sure you have the BDA drivers installed?

For the analogue cards hauppage had a WDM driver for use with WinTV and a BDA driver for use with Windows Media Center. Mediaportal will only detect the card if the latter is installed. If you WinTV is working, you most likely have the wrong driver installed.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Too see which drivers are installed go to device manager\sounds video & game controllers, expand the view and look for Haupauge device, right click on it and select properties.
    Then view driver details, you should see the very first couple of items with the letters "bda" within the name.
    If that ok, then you have to add the card to the supported cards list using graphedit, go here and follow the instructions.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Add_TVCard_to_natively_supported_list

muddy boots

Portal Member
    February 22, 2007
    Home Country
    This is what I've got so far for my WinTV Nova-T SE Stick (PC World White box):

<capturecard commercialname="Hauppauge WinTv Nova-T Stick" capturename="WinTv Nova-T Stick DVB-T Capture (Dev1 Path0)" devid="Vid_2040&amp;Pid_7060">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="WinTV Nova-T Stick DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path0) " checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="WinTV Nova-T Stick DVB-T Capture (Dev1 Path0) " checkdevice="true"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

This allows me to select the stick but I get a "Can't build graph" Error - so theres something wrong here. Perhaps somebody could point out any stupid mistakes, i'm pretty new at this

The main difference appears to be as follows:
    devid="Vid_2040&amp;Pid_7060"

muddy boots

Portal Member
    February 22, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm just going to tune the card into WinTV 2000 to get the details I need to manually set up a channel, and see if I get anything. I'll keep you posted

Users who are viewing this thread