MP2 - V2.3.1 MP2 - V2.3 HEVC playback stutter in MP2.3 and 2.3.1 (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    If DOKAN was installed by another software, you maybe should leave it as it is now.

But try the approach of accessing server content from UNC share instead of server-local drives

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Man Pang

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    If DOKAN was installed by another software, you maybe should leave it as it is now.

But try the approach of accessing server content from UNC share instead of server-local drives

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Yes, I used UNC paths (for some reason, I couldn't type them in and had to use on-screen keyboard). By using UNC paths, the stuttering was gone and playback was smooth but later, I had encountered a plethora of problems:

1. Captions and subtitles were slightly out of sync (about 500 ms)
    2. MP2 client was not shutting down correctly as I could see it was still running in Task Manager
    3. A couple of times starting MP2 resulted in a black screen rather than showing the GUI. This occurred after the splash screen had shown and when the GUI was about to load, I saw black screen
    4 The HEVC video that was playing smoothly now no longer plays with a message at the top of the GUI showing "No media item" but other files did play. I'm not sure why it no longer plays in MP2 since it still plays in MP1
    5 The process of importing media fanart, metadata, etc takes up 100% CPU resources - consequently the GUI was not very responsive
    6 Switching movies to folder view took a long time but when I exited folder view and went back to folder view, the folder contents were not cached and were reloaded again and thus, taking a long time

For now, I will continue to use MP1. I only played with MP2 as I had a lot of free time over this holiday season but it's back to work for me soon and I won't have time to continue with MP2. My MP2 install is probably a mess with constant changing of media sources, reimports, stopping and starting services, etc so I wouldn't be surprised if I had broken something. So don't get me wrong, MP2 is very deserving of praise!

Thanks all for your input and taking the time to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Ah that could be a problem. I took a look at the Gigabyte website, they offer the 1050 and Ti version in a "low profile" format, not sure if that works with mini itx though, all the AMD RX cards are listed as ATX format. Another consideration is power Gigabyte recommend a 300W psu for the 1050Ti and 500W+ for the AMD RX range. There...
    Ah that could be a problem. I took a look at the Gigabyte website, they offer the 1050 and Ti version in a "low profile" format...
    Hello everyone, recently I tried to reproduce a video coded in HEVC UHD 2160p into MePo. The video is not smooth, it stumbles and...
    Replies
    Views
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the ability to speed up replay with sound!
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the...
    Sorry to ask a question again that I can see has been asked before, but I just cannot find an answer and so many of thew wiki links...
    Replies
    Views
    found the cause of high cpu utilization in interrupts, after resuming from ACPI S3 sleep state, to be the WOL be enabled on Realtek ethernet adapter. i updated the Realtek drivers to latest but made no change, have disabled WOL, and issue now resolved....
    found the cause of high cpu utilization in interrupts, after resuming from ACPI S3 sleep state, to be the WOL be enabled on Realtek...
    Hello MP team, I've been using MP since 1.21. I recently updated my Windows 7 system to MP final 1.24, and am experiencing a new...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    A year and a half later, I can report that the micro stutter still exists and changing hardware to use a Gemini Lake board results in very similar issues. I decided to have a go using Kodi and playback is fine. Also playback with MPC-HC is fine too (using the same LAV decoders and same settings).
    A year and a half later, I can report that the micro stutter still exists and changing hardware to use a Gemini Lake board results...
    I am interested to hear about users' reports on 4K HEVC HDR10 performance in MediaPortal1 using Apollo Lake and Gemini Lake SoCs. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom