Hidden Series Displaying (1 Viewer)

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I've been using MP TV Series for a couple years now and I love it. Everything is set up just how I want it to, but I recently came across something that I can't figure out.

I'm using StreamedMP and I have it launch right into the Unwatched view. I now have a couple series that I'd like to hide from this view, but not mark as watched. I assumed that just Right click > Hide (inside the importer) would do the trick. However, those series still display and just the seasons and episodes inside of the season are listed in Red. But, nowhere do I see that they're actually hidden. It's driving me crazy that I can't figure this out!

Can somebody please shed some light on this for me??

Thanks a lot!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can Hide/UnHide from the Actions menu which is found by bring up the context menu (F9/INFO)->Actions.

If you click Hide on a series then it should hide all seasons/episodes with-in, if you hide at the season level then it will hide that season and its underlying episodes. Im not 100% but from memory, if new episode are imported then they will be unhidden which would make the show visible, I could be wrong on that part.

But if you see hidden items (in red for StreamedMP), then you most likely toggled 'Show Hidden Items' from Options menu.

Last edited:

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Yup, that was it! I was looking all over in the actual importer tool and didn't see it. I didn't think to look at one of the menus in MediaPortal.

Thanks a lot!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just edited my post, It should read 'Options' menu for option that controls 'Show Hidden Items'. Actions menu is used to Hide/Show single items. You probably already figured that out already ;)

Last edited:

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Yes, you are correct. I ended up getting there though once you pointed me to it being a setting inside of MP.

But, I do have a different question that is related... Is there any way to have these series show in some views and not show in others? For example, I have a genre that I don't want displaying in the main "unwatched" list, but when I change my view to that specific genre, I'd like to be able to see them there without having to go into Options and enable the hidden items.

Is that at all possible? Ideally, that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Just to clarify, I set up a View, not necessarily a genre. I realized that may have confused things. So, I set up a view and manually added certain series to that view. Now, I would like for them to only show up when I select that view and not in the general "Unwatched" list. But, I don't want to mark them as watched.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Bump... Anybody have anything for me on what I'm looking for?

Thanks!

You would have to start dabbling in writing a custom pseudo-SQL view entry into the database manually. It is not for the faint of heart, but it is doable by looking at the existing views and how they work.

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2011
    Home Country
    That's something that I may end up doing because I know SQL and would really like to have this feature. But, I'll have to wait until I get some time.

But, somehow in all of my messing with view settings I screwed something up and I'm wondering if somebody can help me fix it. haha

By default, I use the Unwatched view. But, when I want to see stuff that I watched, I just go to the menu, switch view and select "All". Now, when I do that, it still only shows my unwatched episodes. I've checked and the ones that aren't displaying aren't hidden or anything. Any idea what I did and how I can get them back??

Thanks!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Check the Filters section, maybe you have enabled 'Unwatched' episodes only.

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply.

I don't see a setting that you're talking about that would only show the unwatched episodes. But, I also tried the "Reset to Defaults" on the filters tab and that didn't work either.

It's very odd behavior that I'm not sure there is even a setting for. Somehow I just ended up only being able to see unwatched episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom