Operating System Hide Windows volume OSD (1 Viewer)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    After upgrading my MediaPortal in the living room from Windows 7 to 10 I noticed a new volume OSD in the top left corner of the screen.

MediaPortal-VolumeBar2.png

As in MediaPortal every skin has it's own volume indicator I implemented a tool to turn the system volume OSD off.

You can find it here:

http://wordpress.venturi.de/?p=1#more-1

(My first experiment with WordPress :))

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    My Win10 play box offline at the moment so can't check it out, but idea is cool and nice write up(y) Once I have Win10 back in play, I'll certainly check it out.

TTFN - JCMP.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    I recently updated to windows 10. And I had the same annoyance.

After I installed this program I can manually hide the volume OSD. But after a restart of my pc the volume indicator is back again. Your program is loaded though. Any way you can fix this?

Thank you!

Stéphane Lenclud

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    As in MediaPortal every skin has it's own volume indicator I implemented a tool to turn the system volume OSD off.

We should to include this in MP core. Hide OS volume OSD if the user select GUI volume OSD. Can you share your source? ;)

From @Marcus Venturi blog article it's probably quite easy to implement.
    Use Microsoft Spy++ to workout the name of that Window.
    Once you worked this out a combination of FindWindow and ShowWindow should do the trick.

Last edited:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

We should to include this in MP core. Hide OS volume OSD if the user select GUI volume OSD. Can you share your source? ;)

From @Marcus Venturi blog article it's probably quite easy to implement.
    Use Microsoft Spy++ to workout the name of that Window.
    Ones you worked this out a combination of FindWindow and ShowWindow should do the trick.

There is no OS OSD on my virtual dev machine. I do not know why. It is W 8.1, as my htpc.

I can start coding if I get the window name.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Thank you for checking again. Looks like there are differences between the systems. I will alter my code to search for both. Maybe you could then test if it works on your system. Nevertheless I will post my (very simple) code here at the weekend when I have finished my pre-Christmas tasks. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread