How Can I change the Font Size back to normal ? (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have changed the Font Size from Normal to Big and don't know how I can change this back to the normal font size. I can not remember where I have changed all that ( BasichomeEditor, during installation, in Mediaportal GUI). Thank you.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you mean the fonts on basic home, movies, tvseries music etc then you can change those in basichome editor, think its on the same tab as adding/removing menu items, can selected size for focused and unfocused text.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, according to the German translation file.

If you ever get stuck just take a look at the english and compare from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\StreamedMP

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    GUI->Settings->Skin->Misc

I have a similar problem.. I dont even remember how I did set the fonts to so big, I even have uninstalled completely MP, but when reinstalling I get the big fonts again... which are quite ugly!

I have Black glass nova HD skin, MP1.2.3 (yes, I have changed back to this version as 1.3.0 Alpha was getting too problematic with win8).. but I do not have the option MISC.. cant get further then setting the skin and that's it.. please help!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Perhaps you changed the windows font size?

This thread is about a skin specific feature but sounds you may have changed the fonts outside in windows.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Perhaps you changed the windows font size?

This thread is about a skin specific feature but sounds you may have changed the fonts outside in windows.

Thanks for the support, but this is not the problem, the fonts in MP remain big and ugly no matter how I set the windows appearance (100, 125 or 150%).. In the black glass nova HD thread I got the tip to clear the cache, which I will try tonight, good chance a bad cache is causing the problem.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, it caches the size of the fonts if you did change it at the time of cache generation.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    problem solved! :)

And I also know now what caused it..

When I first started MP after the clean install, windows appearance was set to 150%, which caused the skin to load and Cache 150% bigger fonts then normal (which is not really required for a skin that is already dimensioned for watching TV from sofa distance).

So I cleared the cache (deleted the complete skin cache file), restarted MP and again the ugly big fonts were there (wtf!).. and then the eureka moment!

Cleared the cache again, and set the windows appearance to 100%.. started MP, and now everything looks nice, right fonts sizes cached... set windows appearance back to 150%.. start MP.. and voila, still the correct fonts are used from the cache!..pfff.

I hope this may help others who are strugling with font sizes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom