How can I rename Seasons? (1 Viewer)

andimoor

Portal Pro
January 7, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sorry for Double-Posting, but the first Thread is in the wrong Forum and I don't know, how I can move or delete it!

Now, this is the right Forum!

Hello,

how can I rename Seasons (Labels) like

Season 1
Season 2

to

Season 1 - The Beginning
Season 2 - The next Years

Why is there no editable Field???

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is because the data are build around the Meta-data from thetvdb.com, and there's no editing the name of the season there...

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    With GUI - Do you mean the skin?
    If so then you have to ask in the forum for you're preferred skin...

andimoor

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Rename

Here is a good Example (see Screenshot):

Serie: Spartacus
    Season 1: Blood and Sand
    Season 2: Vengeance
    Season 3: War of the Damned
    Speacial: Gods of the Arena

So, I want to rename "Season 1" into "Blood and Sand" or "Season 1 - Blood and Sand" --> "Blood and Sand" is the name, that I see in Mediaportal (see Screenshot)

2. Move/Sort

And my second Question is: How can I sort "Gods of the Arena" on second place? This is the best order to show the Serie (Season 1, Special-Season, Season 2, Season 3)

111.jpg

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1. Rename
    To do this change you need to add a formatting rule in the db FormattingRules table.
    Something like this <Season.SeasonNameLabel> Season <SeasonIndex><SeasonName>

Then you need to add a row in the tables local_episodes and online_episodes, that is called SeasonName. This field need to be updated manually, since this is not possible to get from thetvdb.com

Then you need to edit you Skin to take the new FormattingRule above...

PS. I'm 100% sure this is the right/ best way to do it, since I'm a little bit new to the TV-Series plugin :whistle: DS.

2. Move/Sort
    Today there's only two options, one is to group the Special like you have on you're screenshot or sort them in the season they belong to.
    So if you look here they are as you wanted - http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=129261&seasonid=159351&lid=7
    This Option are called "Sort Specials in Episode list (Aired Order only)".

andimoor

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Rename

Ok, but I must do this everytime, when MP-TV Series or my Skin becomes an Update, right?
    That's ok, but I can't edit FormattingRules in the Tab of the Configuration!?!

2. Sort

Yes, I know this option, but it is not really correct (in my opinion).

3. TheTVDB

Example:
    Serie: Strike Back
    Season 1: Chris Ryan's Strike Back
    http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=148581&seasonid=210201&lid=7
    Season 2: Project Dawn
    http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=148581&seasonid=468777&lid=7

The result for german Users is the same, but that's not correct. In Germany "Chris Ryan's Strike Back" and "Strike Back" are two different Series (see Screenshot or http://www.amazon.de/Strike-Back-komplette-erste-Staffel/dp/B008CXJBX4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424272428&sr=8-2&keywords=strike back) - Translation: Die komplette erste Staffel = The complete first Season or Staffel Eins = Season One). For me it is better, than "Chris Ryan's Strike Back" is trash (in my opinion). So I must start with Season 2.

I hate TheTVDB - Sorry!

61-ae+SD7KL.jpg

Last edited:

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1. Rename
    If the Tv-Series is updated the formattingRule should stay as you edited them.
    The skinfile will be overridden, if you don't send your preferred skin a patch ;)

2. Sort
    That what option we got today. How you want's it, could be hard to make common. Because in another series you maybe what to have Season 1, 2, 3, Special, 4, 5, 6.

But this is more a skinner question, than TV-Series question...

3. TheTVDB
    I'm not actually know what you mean here. Because if its two different series, then you can change it on thetvdb yourself?!?

But regarding naming the seasons, I'll recommend you to add a feature request to thetvdb. Maybe they'll pic it up :)

andimoor

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Rename
    Send a patch? I don't know, what you mean

TheTVDB don't change this (Strike Back) and another request - I try it, but TheTVDB say NO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom