How do I get a Logitech Harmony to work with MP? (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As I recall, you can create a user on the Logitech website, download the software and take a testdrive. I don't think you need to have a remote connected.

See this link

(I took a quick check, and the TD40 is indeed in the database. Anyway, there is always the possibility to create a new device yourself and add buttons an IR codes. So...go for it :)

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Some keys seem to work, volume up/down, and 4 arrow navigator buttons + OK
    But most keys do not work and generate a NOT DEFINED message on the LCD. Anyone a solution for this?

I'm using iMon on the Antec fusion, and I'll assume you are too.
    1. First, set up the Harmony as a MCE Remote and activate the MCE as your remote in the MP Config tool (which you've done).
    2. Map the MCE 'clear' button to the Harmony 'prev' button (MCE does not have a Prev button). Do this in the logitech wizard thing.
    3. In iMon Manager, click on Settings > Windows command. One of the functions listed here is the ESC key. Map this to the MCE 'Clear' button.
    4. In iMon Manager, click on Settings > Programs. Add MediaPortal. Now map all your 'NOT DEFINED' keys to appropriate MCE button. The key here is to map the MCE button AND the keyboard entry. For example, button "1" should be mapped to "1" on the keybaord and "1" on the MCE remote.

Hope this helps...

capo56

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I bought USB IrDA known as Kingsun KS-959, being sold like MA-660 USB Infrared Data Suite - Handset Manager (MA-660 MA-660 USB Infrared Data Suite - Handset Manager).

As first, I have lame question - I installed just drivers, not any other software. I borrowed Microsoft MCE remote controlfrom my friend ( but I am trying to use it with my IrDA). I checked using MCE remote on MP Configuration. It does not work at all. Should I use some plugin, or it should work like this? Maybe this is wrong IrDA modul..

As a next step I would like to use my Harmony 880 instead of MCE controler, but I believe it will not be as difficult after having Microsoft controler working...

Thanks for advice

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    IIRC, IrDA is completely different from IR Remote control interfaces. This is the reason why early PDAs make lousy IR remote controls. In this case, your IrDA receiver is unlikely to receive signals from your MCE IR RC correctly. You will probably find more information about this in www.remotecentral.com

capo56

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I am not sure if I understand well - are you trying to say, that there is no way how to make this IrDA working with MCE remote control?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Let's put it this way: I will be surprised if you can get it to work.
    IrDA means Infra-red Data Access. It was devised to exchange data between computers (e.g. hand-helds and laptops) and is not the same as IR RC interfaces. The MCE remote uses coding similar to RC devices for consumer entertainment electronics, like receivers, TVs, etc.
    Nonetheless, I am no expert, which is why I referred you to RemoteCentral, which is where the experts hang out.

leftfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2008
    Glad i've found this old topic. I have a Harmony 525 and it all pretty much works, except for the fact that when i press the 'Watch My TV' the harmony instructs the HTPC to start windows media center. I want it to start MP and select the tv. What am i overlooking, can i reconfigure these inputs any way?

I have the same problem as this. I can't see anyway to stop the harmony from selecting an 'input' on the HTPC. The 'input' sends a command to Windows Media Center which causes it to open.

I hate the way Harmony always insists on making a device select an input when you may not actually want it to.

UnknownSourc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2009
    Okinawa, Japan
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Glad i've found this old topic. I have a Harmony 525 and it all pretty much works, except for the fact that when i press the 'Watch My TV' the harmony instructs the HTPC to start windows media center. I want it to start MP and select the tv. What am i overlooking, can i reconfigure these inputs any way?

I have the same problem as this. I can't see anyway to stop the harmony from selecting an 'input' on the HTPC. The 'input' sends a command to Windows Media Center which causes it to open.

I hate the way Harmony always insists on making a device select an input when you may not actually want it to.

LM Gestion : LM Remote KeyMap : Customize or disable the MCE Remote green button

This concept applies to all the other buttons as well, just remap that button instead of the green button.

I use my Harmony 890 Pro with a Streamzap remote receiver. The harmony is already able to map to the streamzap buttons and I use LM Remote Keymap to map those buttons to the shortcut keys for all the actions I use in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom