How to add missing buttons (1 Viewer)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion Remote case. I have pretty much succeeded using IRSS, great!

However there is something I would like to know if I could do in a better way. There are some buttons on my remote (e.g.Visualizations, Eject) that don't seem to exist in the abstract remote model, so I can't map them to anything directly (they do show up in the debug client, with codes like "IMON USB (2050)"). I have worked around that by mapping the needed functions to a keystroke in MediaPortal, then using Translator to send that keystroke when the button is pressed. But I'm wondering if there is a way to add those buttons so that I can map them directly in the MPRemoteInput plugin config, instead of this roundabout route? I tried to figure out by myself if I could edit some XML files to do the job, but IRSS didn't seem to like my experiments. Or should I just be happy to have a working configuration, and leave it alone?

BTW using the iMON USB receiver plugin, MCE option, remote control and keyboard input enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom