How to add missing buttons (1 Viewer)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    England England
    Country flag
    So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion Remote case. I have pretty much succeeded using IRSS, great!

However there is something I would like to know if I could do in a better way. There are some buttons on my remote (e.g.Visualizations, Eject) that don't seem to exist in the abstract remote model, so I can't map them to anything directly (they do show up in the debug client, with codes like "IMON USB (2050)"). I have worked around that by mapping the needed functions to a keystroke in MediaPortal, then using Translator to send that keystroke when the button is pressed. But I'm wondering if there is a way to add those buttons so that I can map them directly in the MPRemoteInput plugin config, instead of this roundabout route? I tried to figure out by myself if I could edit some XML files to do the job, but IRSS didn't seem to like my experiments. Or should I just be happy to have a working configuration, and leave it alone?

BTW using the iMON USB receiver plugin, MCE option, remote control and keyboard input enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads
    OP Title Forum Replies Date
    ajs [solved] Add CI AppVeyour to github account MediaPortal 1 46
    M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 3
    horned_reaper [solved] Add support for Bluetooth events Improvement Suggestions 2
    ajs [WiP] 5030: Add UHD Thumb size to TV Server MediaPortal 1 0
    ajs [fixed] 5029: Add the ability to choose the type of pause for designers in the slideshow MediaPortal 1 4
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
    raffe How to add 500+ streams? OnlineVideos 1
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    cbr954rr Possibillity to add more Movie Folders in Menu General 5
    ajs [solved] 4935: Add string.replace function to Skin engine MediaPortal 1 10
    haaitje Crashes when trying to add lyrics MPTagThat 0
    H Add site to home OnlineVideos 5
    E Can I add folder icons to my list of videos MediaPortal 1 Talk 9
    D MSBuild V14 is missing on my dev machine General Development (no feature request here!) 6
    ge2301 Images missing im Forum Online Facilities 2
    catalpa MP2 - V2.3 Optimfrog.dll missing Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 10
    E [solved] TV-Server Configuration Missing TV-Server 9
    O Steps to achieve AV sync - please tell me I'm missing something General 0
    P Missing channels after rebuild (all on one MUX ?) General 2
    SpudR Missing Page Numbers Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 11
    g0rsq UK Freesat not tunning BBC HD channels, and lots of other freesat channels missing. Newcomers Forum 4
    D [solved] TVServer Plugin must be missing something. General Development (no feature request here!) 1
    HTPCSourcer Missing series posters/banners MediaPortal 2 11
    thepahakurki Trakt error: Invalid or missing file Trakt 8
    T Missing sound in online streaming service (SVTPlay) General Support 3