[Question] How to add my Video folder into MP Extend Web UI?? (1 Viewer)

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Hi there,

i just upgraded to MPExtend and MPMediaWeb to v0.5

So far everything is working.
Please note that im running MP TV Server 1.2.3 as a Server only installation on my WHS2011 machine, so NO plugins or other MP client software is installed.

Is there a way to include my Video folder into MPExtend Web Portal anyway?
I dont know how i can do this! You have any hints for me?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WebMediaPortal doesn't support browsing through folders (yet). It does support the video database though, so you might want to try that ;)

Olli123

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2012
    Yes using the video database would be nice but it is not located on the TV Server only installation right?

So how to include it into WebMediaPortal/MPExtend?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, that's right. You can either copy the database to the server manually and configure the MyVideo plugin for MPExtended to use that database (in the Plugins tab in configuration program), or you can install MPExtended on the server with the database too and configurate WebMP do use that server for media (on the settings page in WebMP, choose configure multiseat).

Olli123

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2012
    Both ways are not an optimal solution.

Copy the db files from the client onto the TV server will get it working for now but the db file will be outdated soon.

Using WebMediaPortal in a multiseat config needs to turn on the client for watching avi from the tv server.
    This is a kind of wired......

:(

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, that's right, but do you have a better solution (aside from implementing share browsing)?

Olli123

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2012
    Mhhh so ...............
    what about using the mediaplayers dlna shares? Is there a way to implement?
    The mediaplayer is also running on the whs2011 server station.

Please note that my avi files are stored on the tv server (not on the client).
    So you dont need to implement a smb share browsing. It´s just to implement a local folder.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Mhhh so ...............
    DLNA is somewhere at the bottom of our todo-list, so that probably won't happen ;)

Please note that my avi files are stored on the tv server (not on the client).
    So you dont need to implement a smb share browsing. It´s just to implement a local folder.
    Sorry, that's what I meant. "Share" is the terminology MP uses for a directory, but it's different from a share as used by windows. It's a bit confusing.

Olli123

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2012
    Mhhh so ...............
    DLNA is somewhere at the bottom of our todo-list, so that probably won't happen ;)
    Oh this is not good. I´m woundering a bit. DLNA become a big point. I mean look at the market. Every mobile phone, every standard TV, every PC , just everything is build with a DLNA client right now. I think Mediaportal should not miss that train.
    DLNA is also a bridge between difference OS´s.......... but ok. I´m not a dev.

So for me i go to write a bash script which is checking for my MP client share is avaible. When it is online it will grab the acutual data file to keep WebMP syncronized.
    If there is already a script out there please let me know :) !

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just for me. Where to copy MyVideo DB on my Server? I copied it from my Client to an Folder on D. Then i Set the path in MPExtended. But after Login to the Page no Video stuff is seen. Any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom