How-To burn a Video-DVD via Media Portal (1 Viewer)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
johncl said:
Thank you for the tip! Compress worked wonderfully and I was able to make a DVD using Nero. Does anyone know if Nero can be command line operated so that a plugin could be made to burn an mpg file to a DVD with a simple interface inside MediaPortal?

Yes, Nero commandline opperates. The commands for Nero 7 are. But I think all versions can be operated from commandline.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?p=90289#90289

Someone is already working on a plugin that does al the burning! Including coversion to MPEG2. I beleave it's almost at beta 1. Maby people could work together, instead of making two plugins at the same time that do the same :) Much more productive in my opinion.

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ralph said:
What DVD Player do you mean?
Is it a standalone DVD-Player? -> can you try another one?
Do you mean MediaPortal's internal DVD-Player? -> what codec do you use?
can be found in configuration.exe->DVD -> DVD Codec

Regards
Ralph

Hi Ralph

Yes, it's on my standalone DVD-player the DVD isn't shown properly. I don't know what's wrong? Maybe something is wrong with the way I converted the file from dvr-ms to mpeg. I used the My Burner plugin for MP to convert the file and used MPGII2DVD and ImgBurn for burning the DVD. I'll try another file and post the result tomorrow.

bendyspex

Portal Member
July 12, 2006
Hi, I've just used your guide to allow mediaportal to burn video DVD's, but I am having the same problem as reported before, where it will only burn the first few minutes. I have tried this with 2 different recordings, and it is the same problem on both of them. Did this problem ever get resolved?
Thanks

joslo

Portal Member
September 2, 2006
Hi

Thank you verry much for your "how to"!! I'm a newby and it was verry helpfull.
However, i got one question. Is it possible to automate the burning process after
recoding to mpg2? What I want is to set a recording, set the compression to automatic and after that automaticly start up the burn process so that, when I wake up (or come home) the DVd is ready for watching.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Because MP is still recording in dvr-ms format you will need to compress it to mpeg manually.
    After that can choose this mpeg-file you would like to burn as Video-DVD.
    Transcoding and burning process will be done automatically.

Unforunately compressing to mpeg and burning to DVD have to be done seperately.:(

But new TVengine will record directly to mpeg, than no compressing will be needed anymore.:)

Regards
    Ralph

slug54

Portal Member
    May 21, 2006
    Westfield, Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the how to on this. I am getting closer to getting this going But I could use a little help if you can.

I choose the .mpg to burn and it goes for a while and pops up a box that says runtime error 53 file not found.

I have debug mode turned on and it looks like it is finnishing the dvd author portion and should be switching to burn mode.

I have tried both dvd decrypter and Imgburn and tried different video files.

here is my INI file I am pretty sure I got something wrong here.

I am not really sure what goes in the /src area I put c:\temp\dvd because that is where I see the Video_TS folder created.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Slug54

[Background]
    C:\MpgII2DVD\Blue Two background.jpg

[Font]
    Arial

[FontSize]

[TextColor]
    white

[ShadowColor]

[VideoTempFolder]
    c:\temp

;<DVDiso> is the path to the iso and <DVDpath> is the path do the folder that contains the DVD data

[DVDBurner]
    C:\Program Files\imgburn\imgburn.exe /mode isowrite /start /src "c:\temp\dvd" /dest d: /close

[MultipleFiles]
    off
    [debug]
    on

[AutoDelete]
    on

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi slug54,

[DVDBurner]
    C:\Program Files\imgburn\imgburn.exe /mode isowrite /start /src "c:\temp\dvd" /dest d: /close

you just need to adjust the path for imgburg.exe, but I can see you have also added "c:\temp\dvd"

Please replace this, your line should look like:
    [DVDBurner]
    C:\Program Files\imgburn\imgburn.exe /mode isowrite /start /src "<DVDiso>" /dest h: /close

And try again.

Regards
    Ralph

slug54

Portal Member
    May 21, 2006
    Westfield, Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks Ralph that did the trick!
    I want to thank you for doing this writeup and also for the one you did on using ComSkip these are both top notch instructions,Very well done.

It recorded my video perfectly.

Slug54

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your welcome.

It's got to hear that you like it and it's working now for you, too.:)

Regards
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom