How to change background images (1 Viewer)

driver140771

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem with the HD Starter Plugin. No work with hover_HD Starter ...

:confused::confused::confused:

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Call me old and boring, but why aren't the old backgrounds included?

Where can I find the old backgrounds now that I've uninstalled and installed the new version of MP and Streamed MP skin?

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Call me old and boring, but why aren't the old backgrounds included?

Where can I find the old backgrounds now that I've uninstalled and installed the new version of MP and Streamed MP skin?

Hi,

We changed the way the backgrounds worked, the previous method using multiimage caused memory issues and we have switched to using Fanart Handler (fanart-handler - Project Hosting on Google Code).

The original background folders are still there but are only used to provide a fixed background for a menu item.

To enable revolving backgrounds you need to enable fanart handler for a menu item and select a fanart handler folder, there are currently limited over what was provided before but cover the main areas, music, tv, series, pictures, plugins, games and scorecenter.

Have a read of the fanart documentation this should help you configure things correctly.

Thanks

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    I'm just wanting back to the more abstract backgrounds rather than the current crop of more specific presentation of the sections... The Pictures background is rubbish, the Music, Movies and Series are just naff (unless you like the artist, movie or series!)

I've no idea about revolving backgrounds, and I'm not sure I would want it either...

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    I'm just wanting back to the more abstract backgrounds rather than the current crop of more specific presentation of the sections... The Pictures background is rubbish, the Music, Movies and Series are just naff (unless you like the artist, movie or series!)

I've no idea about revolving backgrounds, and I'm not sure I would want it either...

What version of StreamedMP did you have before? These backgrounds have been in for a while.

I think you may be refering to the hover images that were used as menu background prior to moving more to fanart.

Check the hover*.png files in ../Streamed/Media, if these are what you want then these can be copied to the respective folders in ../StreamedMP/media/animations and use the editor to select the backdrop for the menu item, if using BasicHome menu, I assume you must as the abstract hover images are used in std home.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom