How to change background images (1 Viewer)

Lowporkwa

Portal Member
April 23, 2009
Hi guys, i've been searching around this forum and I can't seem to understand any of the instructions on how to change the basic streamedMP background images to fanart ones. I think the default images are a bit boring and having my fanart randomly switching throughout would look very good.

Basically, I want to have my movie fanart show up when I hover over the 'my movies' icon and my tv fanart when I hover over my tv series. So could someone PLEASE explain to me, in laymens terms, how to setup streamedMP to do that I would be GREATLY appreciated. In common language or something because I just can't figure out the instructions on here!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

In the directory skin\streamedmp\media\animation you will find sub-folders for each menu item. Just put your own images there.

Have fun

Lowporkwa

Portal Member
    April 23, 2009
    Hey thanks so much! That was easy :)

Is there a way to just change this directory to the fanart folder which is downloaded from movingpictures of mytvseries? that would be much easier than copying and pasting over several sets of the same pictures! Thanks

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    I would think that the locations should be coded inside basichome.xml.
    Give it a try, and let me know if you struggle.

JonoMg

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi rekenaar,

Did a search in basichome.xml for 'media\animation' and came up empty... figured it could be a simple change of variable but came up empty handed... any pointers you ight be able to offer?

Cheers,

Jono
    :D

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Don't really know. Was just guessing.
    Had a quick look, and just found <imagepath>movies</imagepath>
    Maybe the 1st part is then hardcoded in skinengine (again a guess ;) )

Hopefully one of the designers can shed some light on it.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just replace '<imagepath>movies</imagepath>' with the full path to the Fanart Folder. As you suspect the default path used is "...media\animation:

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    how 'bout changing the background picture from regular home screen (non basic home)?? I know it'll have to be png file, and have hover_name, but how do I point each item to each own picture tho???

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    how 'bout changing the background picture from regular home screen (non basic home)?? I know it'll have to be png file, and have hover_name, but how do I point each item to each own picture tho???

From memory you dont need to do anything apart from ensuring that the hover filename includes the plugin name, when you are selecting items in Home the corresponding hover will be shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom