[solved] How to delete Recording? (1 Viewer)

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,

I upgraded from MediaPortal 1.2.1 to MediaPortal 2.1.3 on a fresh install with fresh installed Win10 on the Server and on the Clients.

So in the TV Recordings menu, how can I delete recordings? There is no contextmenu entry for delete.

Thank you for help.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    There is no contextmenu entry for delete
    Then either the server is not connected or there is a privilege issue. Did you define credentials in the MP2 setup for the share(s).

In a correctly setup environment you'll see a context entry to delete recordings when within the recordings list.

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,

the recordings folder resides on C:\TVRecordings on the MP2 Server. It is not shared. I have added a server ressource in the MP2 Media Setup. I have followed the guide on Setting up Media Sources to add a server ressource.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I have added a server ressource in the MP2 Media Setup
    That's probably the mistake. TV Recording share are added automatically as "Recordings(1)". Please delete any other manually added TV Recording share.

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,
    after install (MP2.1.3) the "Recordings(1)" was there. Yes. But there were no recordings in the MP Client list. So I manually edit this item to set the correct path. After that, the recordings shows up.

I have search for this problem in this board and read that this should be automatically added, when I set the path in the tv server configuration. I have testet it, changed the path, press "set for all tuners", but the path is not updated automatically. So I have done this manually.

So what should I do now?
    Delete this item? And then?

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    It works! I have test it in the past, but I don't restart the whole service.

Maybe you add this to the wiki?

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Oh no.. it doesn't work...
    On MP Server the MP Client can delete recordings. On MP Client-PCs not. There is no menu item for delete.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    On MP Client-PCs not. There is no menu item for delete.
    Then there is a conneciton issue between your client and the server PC. Possibly a network problem.

Client and Server logs please...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    R [solved] MP will not delete recordings that are on NAS Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 23
    N [Finished] [MP2-781] Enable one-click deletion of grouped TV recordings MediaPortal 2 70
    G MP 1.21 TVserver race condition when cant delete recording triggered by episode management General Support 0
    N [solved] Cannot delete recordings from remote client MediaPortal 2 32
    R Mediaportal will not delete Recorded TV items that do not exist MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    H [Finished] [MP2-781] Delete a Folder in TV-Recordings Archive 7
    megahorst Unable to delete unseen recording while TV runs in the background 1.19 11
    morpheus_xx Was this spam? I deleted it... Online Facilities 4
    N [Finished] MP2-803 - Delete full series doesn't work when viewing a program in the extended schedule screen MediaPortal 2 12
    G [solved] How do you delete media in Mediaportal2? General 14
    Frans Nijhuis [further infos missing] Deleting all TV channels and all channel groups in "MP 2 TV configuration" fails 2.2 Archive 1
    H [fixed] Series programming/deleting 2.2 Archive 1
    krebbi [solved] Delete Media Files via Context Menu General 8
    1gkar LiveTV Records Causing 100% Drive Activity Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 7
    toricred Recordings Change : to _ in Series Name General 0
    P Recording films that have an "intermission" General 3
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    toricred Only Show Actual Recordings General 1
    ajs How recreate Recording thumbs TV-Server 4
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Tool to display time of next recording MediaPortal 1 0
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    R Correct setting for recordings on shared folder General 0