[solved] How to delete Recording? (1 Viewer)

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I upgraded from MediaPortal 1.2.1 to MediaPortal 2.1.3 on a fresh install with fresh installed Win10 on the Server and on the Clients.

So in the TV Recordings menu, how can I delete recordings? There is no contextmenu entry for delete.

Thank you for help.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no contextmenu entry for delete
    Then either the server is not connected or there is a privilege issue. Did you define credentials in the MP2 setup for the share(s).

In a correctly setup environment you'll see a context entry to delete recordings when within the recordings list.

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the recordings folder resides on C:\TVRecordings on the MP2 Server. It is not shared. I have added a server ressource in the MP2 Media Setup. I have followed the guide on Setting up Media Sources to add a server ressource.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have added a server ressource in the MP2 Media Setup
    That's probably the mistake. TV Recording share are added automatically as "Recordings(1)". Please delete any other manually added TV Recording share.

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    after install (MP2.1.3) the "Recordings(1)" was there. Yes. But there were no recordings in the MP Client list. So I manually edit this item to set the correct path. After that, the recordings shows up.

I have search for this problem in this board and read that this should be automatically added, when I set the path in the tv server configuration. I have testet it, changed the path, press "set for all tuners", but the path is not updated automatically. So I have done this manually.

So what should I do now?
    Delete this item? And then?

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It works! I have test it in the past, but I don't restart the whole service.

Maybe you add this to the wiki?

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh no.. it doesn't work...
    On MP Server the MP Client can delete recordings. On MP Client-PCs not. There is no menu item for delete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom