How to "fix" the Asrock 330HT remote with Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

nigo

Portal Member
April 11, 2010
Nice post.

Does anybody have a problem with the remote repeating each keypress? I thought it was just the remotes buttons being a bit flimsy, so I tried using my logitech harmony instead (setting it up to control the asrock through logitechs tool) and it does the same. It's nearly impossible to navigate. Sometimes the direction button will execute once, sometimes twice and sometimes it just goes nuts and cycles through all the items in the menu several times.

Alchemi

Portal Member
April 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: How to "fix" the Asrock 330HT remote with Mediaportal

Hi.

In this thread some users reported about having no problems with the attached remote on win7.

My setup is an "HT BD" with Win7 Professional, all updates, CIR receiver driver ver:20091015 from Asrock, WMC unchecked in "Windows-Funktionen", MP 1.1.0 RC3 (only Client-mode).

All buttons I've tested yet, are working smoothly - except in MyTV!
In MyTV I have to push the buttons up to five times before MP reacts (sry. hard to explain in english).

I made a clean install of win7 thrice, but the problem remains.
If I connect my "MCE-usb-ir-transceiver" there is no problem in MyTV. :confused:

Any hints? Did I do something wrong? Pls help.

Alchemi

edit 2010-06-30:
Problem still persists, but if TV is turned on in MyTV the remote does work. In case of "TV off" it doesn't. :-(

SoerenB

Portal Member
February 20, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi,

I am currently using the patched dll provided by yippie i the first post. This works quite well with MP 1.1rc1, but was one of the big hurdles making MP work on Asrock330 HT in the first place.

I would like to upgrade to latest official release (in order to make Online Videos work again) but I am not sure that the dll provided will be compatible, or if the changes to the dll has been merged into the official source tree.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Best regards,
Soeren

BigDoom

Portal Pro
April 15, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I recently updated my asrock to the beta version and the dll needs to be updated.
When i try to open the configurations it crashes on loading the remote section :)
So can someone update the RemotePlugins.dll for MP1.2Beta?

/edit
So it doesn't load the configuration screen and the remote is not working, so pretty please update the pluging..... :) ?

SoerenB

Portal Member
February 20, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It should be easy to port the changes to 1.2Beta, however slightly more difficult to test, since yippie (the original author) as well as I have the Asrock 'in production' mode (for me that means it is used on daily basis - the wife would not approve ;) - don't know about yuppie).

One thing I would like to know though: Have you been using it with 1.1 final? I am still using it with 1.1RC1 release, but I dare not upgrade in fear of breaking the remote support.

BR
Søren

BigDoom

Portal Pro
April 15, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I used it with 1.1 yes, I think it should even work with 1.1.3.
But not with 1.2 since the remoteplugins.dll file has changed... :confused:

SoerenB

Portal Member
February 20, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi again,

Just curious. I looks like the remote actually works in Windows 7, and the problem we are having is due to a wierd Windows XP driver. Asrock has made a new ION product, ION 3D, which features what looks be the same remote but a newer driver (20110219)
See:
ASRock > Products > ION 3D Series

I wonder if this solves the problems we are having and perhaps removed the need for this fix.

BR
Søren

cripellegrini

February 5, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi,
i have a similar problem with remote of asrock vision 3d... I try your patch but mediaportal configuration application crash during sturtup... do you have some issue for me? :D in advance

PS: I have installed MePo 1.2.0

fanoI

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
I'm using Mediaportal in fresh & clean formatted installation with XP SP3... using Mediaportal 1.2 w/o this fix (that as said not work anymore) setting MCE remote e Generic HID device I can use the remote perfectly... all it's working as an horse... but suddenly if I press Pause/Stop.....................................
Windows do in BSOD... I'd say this a MediaPortal bug right?

I've to use or EventGhost or Girder... again.. a pity has you've an integrated splution workin 99% :mad:

A side note for make the fix work I've to recompile only the dll?
Or MP is a lot modified?

I'd use the free "Visual Studio Express"?

If it's a matter of compilation I'd say no problem for me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom