how to get 2 floppydtv dvb-c get to work together (1 Viewer)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I had exactly the same. Might be wise to install 4therecord with argus on a fresh install or MCE.
This way we can tell if it is mediaportal related.

J

joostzilla

I had exactly the same. Might be wise to install 4therecord with argus on a fresh install or MCE.

mmmh... I really dont want to mess up my system. Its nice, clean and light right now. I'd rather use one tuner than screw up my families system :)

p.s. the problem also occurs when using previews in config.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

mmmh... I really dont want to mess up my system. Its nice, clean and light right now. I'd rather use one tuner than screw up my families system :)

Use ghost to backup your working system.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again joostzilla

I begin to think that the v1 card just cant handle the stream over firewire when a second connection is made. :(
    That is very possible. What motherboard are you using (edit: sorry I see this in your system list). Also, is the COAX cable connected into one tuner then daisy-chained into the second?

The tuners can only be used by MediaPortal/TV Server *or* FireDTV viewer. If you want to test FireDTV viewer then you need to stop TV Server...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, it is just that I have heard that daisy chaining can compromise the signal quality for the second tuner...

So you have one tuner connected to the external firewire port, and one tuner connected to the internal pin header - is that right?

Were you able to test multiple descrambling in FireDTV Viewer after stopping TV Server?

J

joostzilla

Okay, it is just that I have heard that daisy chaining can compromise the signal quality for the second tuner...

So you have one tuner connected to the external firewire port, and one tuner connected to the internal pin header - is that right?

Were you able to test multiple descrambling in FireDTV Viewer after stopping TV Server?

No, one to the pci firewire card and one to the rear firewire port of the mobo.
    I havent tried the firedtv viewer yet. Perhaps tomorrow.
    I will also try the seperate coax again.
    Thanks for helping :)

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just for information:

I just installed a version 1 and version 2 card on 7MC and it works flawless. I have abandonned MP since I did not get the Firedtv cards to resume from standby correctly. Does anyone still have standby problems or is it safe to return to MP (sorry to get off-topic)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just for information:

I just installed a version 1 and version 2 card on 7MC and it works flawless. I have abandonned MP since I did not get the Firedtv cards to resume from standby correctly. Does anyone still have standby problems or is it safe to return to MP (sorry to get off-topic)

Standby issues are usually caused by drivers *not* MediaPortal. In some cases you need to delay the startup of TV Service to give the tuner drivers enough time to initialise, however that is easy to do from within TV Server configuration. If it works within 7MC then it should work within MP...

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Since 2 days i am trying to get my two floppydtv dvb-c cards to get to work at the same time. Nothing works. 'Updated' the firewire driver to the legacy version. Changed cams, smartcards etc. Cards work perfect but just not together.
    When recording one channel and switching to an other from a different transponder the cards crash and i have to restart my system. One card has also problems scanning for channels on his own. (no signal for some QAM's).

Someone having the same problems?

One question: Are you on 64bit ?
    Because I have seen exact same issues on 64bit, on the same pc that flawlessly runs 32bit with 3 cards, but refuses to find any channels on the 64bit W7 (dual boot 32bit/64bit on same pc, same HW)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom