How to get Medion (x10) remote working (1 Viewer)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I switched the pins and now it works!!!! The software gets automatically downloaded by windows, and it works!!! :)

Thanks guys for helping me out!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Guess I cheered to much. Now it isn't working anymore. It is not recognised by eventghost anymore. But it did before. So I will investigate further.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did some more research, but I think I'm gonna give up. The remote has very little range and the connection between the remote and the receiver isn't stable. Sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As i said, the internal receiver doesnt realy work that well. Its all RF and the case of your pc isnt helping at all. You can always try an external receiver. They are quite cheap on ebay. Hope you find a better solution for your setup (x10 or other). :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As i said, the internal receiver doesnt realy work that well. Its all RF and the case of your pc isnt helping at all. You can always try an external receiver. They are quite cheap on ebay. Hope you find a better solution for your setup (x10 or other). :)

Thanks. My other remote died on me. And that one was perfect. It was a gyration rf remote with good range. But they are not available anymore :eek:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    tried to change batteries in remote?
    tried to extend that short cable coming out from receiver?

Yes, I tried changing the batteries.
    Maybe I can lead the cable to the outside of my HTPC case to see if it improves.

I guess that little cable is the receiving part?

But still I guess it won't be stable enough. But I will try. Thanks!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    even without extension of the receiving wire, this existing short wire should be placed outisde of your PC case to be able to receive anything, otherwise PC case just shields any RF radiation from outside (including RF radiation from your remote)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    even without extension of the receiving wire, this existing short wire should be placed outisde of your PC case to be able to receive anything, otherwise PC case just shields any RF radiation from outside (including RF radiation from your remote)

I remember that this wire was placed outside of the case of the old xp machine. Between the metal of the case and the plastic front.

So that's why it worked so good! :D

I will try this evening.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried to put the wire outside of my case. The range increased a lot.

But I have got another big issue. After installing the receiver, I can't restart my pc anymore. I even can't put it into sleep mode. If I pull it out it works fine.

But after restarting the pc with the receiver connected, I don't have a connection anymore. What could that be. Driver issue? I will try different drivers.[DOUBLEPOST=1364046729][/DOUBLEPOST]I also see that after restarting the receiver is called: USB receiver. Before the restart it was : x10 USB wireless tranceiver (ACPI Compliant). Reinstalling the (windows) drivers it works again. But still have the issue of not being able to restart or sleep. I even can't remove the receiver from device manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom