How to play mkv with DTS-HD?? (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

fbauer

Portal Member
    November 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: How to play mkv with DTS-HD??

i can do #2 with spdif the core of dts-hd with MPC MPA audio codec

u need to register the MPADecFilter.ax in the mp directory for the option to show up
    (run->cmd then cd\your mp directory then regsvr32 MPADecFilter.ax)

also make sure u go into the mp setup app and tell it to send to SPDIF!

works for truehd also - core -> DD 5.1

Thx for your reply :) I should like to spend some time over the weekend for checking your configuration proposal. It would be fine, to have a solution for this. I come back with the results.

Hi SILenTYL,
    I checked the configuration you proposed. You're right, movies with DTS-MA played the sound in DTS (core). But playing is not so smooth as if I use the aac ffdshow audio codec. It's juddering a little bit. Playing a movie with TrueHD is not working. In this case no audio stream was send to the receiver by SPDIF.

Attached the MP codec configuration in the video section and the configuration of the MPC - MPA audio codec for verification.
    Thx in advance
    Frank

Attachments

• SectionVideoCodecSetup.jpg
      SectionVideoCodecSetup.jpg
      114 KB
    • MPC-MPA_DecoderSetup.jpg
      MPC-MPA_DecoderSetup.jpg
      105.4 KB

albarreto

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Hi folks,

I'm very confuse!
    I've a receiver DTS-HD capable (Onkyo HT-S3300) conected with HDMI
    My pc has motherboard Intel dh57jg (Cpu core i3 3GHz, 2gb RAM) that has bitstream to TrueHD and DTS-HD

Using SAF 5.01:
    - When I play "Avatar-dtshdma.mkv", my receiver plays, but in PCM. FFDAudio output has passthru to all HD codecs checked
    - When I play "dtshd-demo.m2ts", idem
    - In MP config, I'm using "Cyberlink PDVD" for H264

Using Klite Codec Pack 7.1.0
    - When I play "Avatar-dtshdma.mkv", my receiver displays "DTS-HD MA" but the video is VERY SLOW
    - When I play "dtshd-demo.m2ts", no audio
    - In MP config, I'm using "FFDshow DXVA" for H264

Any idea?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You cannot use spdif to get dtshd or truehd.. They need a hdmi cable due to the higher bandwidth needed . If u want the core extracted out , dts or ac3 then spdif is enough.

I'm using the new saf 6 now with the Lavf splitter .. This now let's me play blu rays at proper speed. Although I can't get 5.1 with the Lavf audio decoder. I can get the 5.1 core from any blu ray if I turn the setting in ffdshow audio decoder for DTS to "disabled" and register MpaDecFilter.ax in the MP directory and use MPC-MPA audio decoder, with the setting in those screenshots above. I have CoreAvc 2.5.5 currently installed and haali matroska splitter uninstalled. The Lavf splitter does a fine job instead. If I disbale further in ffdshow, ac3, dts, truehd and aac, then powerdvd10 audio codes come in and that gives me a smooth video compared to if ffdshow does the audio. All in all it's a mess.. But it work for everything finally and perfect on my DTS amp!

albarreto

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Hi, thx for reply me

My HTPC is connected via HDMI 1.4, not SPDIF
    I haven't bluray player in PC (I have a Samsung C5500 for this)
    I need to play MKV and m2ts files with DTS-HD and/or DD TruHD

I'm a computer technician, but I haven't great knowlegements about codecs.
    Please, can u explain me again?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you have PowerDVD installed u might be able to use that to get dtshd or turhd in mediaportal. If not u can try SAF 6.

Install SAF 6 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-331/saf-v6-00-based-lavf-95635/

Its not full version yet but quite good. Go into the ffdshow audio decoder settings and check the boxes for the passthrough u want enabled.

if that doesnt work you can try the MPC-MPA audio decoder. Go to the mediaportal directory and register MpaDecFilter.ax (double click the file in win7 or type regsvr32 mpadecfilter.ax in CMD) ..if u want to use this one u need to go into the MP config app and click on "spdif" to make it passthru in the "Codecs and Render" settings for MPC-MPA.

I dont have a dtshd or truehd amp sorry ...but u can try those options to see if they work.

albarreto

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    YEAHHH :D

Yesterday tonight, I formatted the HTPC and I begun from the start.
    DTS-HD and TrueHD WORKING!!!!

Steps:
    - Install a new fresh MP and retored config with "BackupSettings" plugin
    - I installed SAF 5.0.1 with "subtitle" and "passthru" enabled
    - NEW: I registered "MpaDecFilter.ax" as you said

Initially, I had problems with embedded subtitles, but I disabled in ffshow's the priority over subs files

Now, I have a few issues:
    - When I play a movie, the keyboard shortcuts - ex: "Y" (display movie info) and "L" (subtitle) - doesn't work anymore. In old install, It worked with KLite Codec Pack
    - Sometimes, when I play a movie, the receiver appears "PCM". I stop e re-play it and becomes fine

Any ideas for that issues?

Attachments

• mp-config1.png
      mp-config1.png
      32 KB
    • mp-config2.png
      mp-config2.png
      29.9 KB
    • mp-config3.png
      mp-config3.png
      29.4 KB

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Keep an eye on saf 6 - hoborg says HD audio passthru will be added at some point so u won't need the mpc-mpa audio decoder much longer

all things looking up for saf 6 soon :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    albarreto: If you are using SAF5/6 and FFDshow video decoder is in use, press Ctrl+Alt+O to display OSD, Ctrl+Alt+numpad0 and Ctrl+Alt+numpad1 will change subtitles/audio streams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom