How to play mkv with DTS-HD?? (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just use MP to manage subtitles . Press I on my mce remote and there they are

albarreto

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Hi folks,

I'm with very strange problem here!!!

In 05/06, I posted a succesfully play with DTS-HD and TrueHD with your help. I was very very happy!
    But - without changes - saturday, the HD sound didn't work :-(
    Checking the windows HDMI properties, the SO support for HD audio WAS GONE (see image). Before, it displayed also "DTS-HD" and "TrueHD" on list :mad:
    None change was done to stop working.
    My receiver Onkyo is DTS-HD and TrueHD compatible. I tried conect in other onkyo HDMI port, but the problem remains. I tested a Samsung BD player and the HD sound was ok. No problem with Onkyo

Help me again. I very frustrated!

UPDATE: My motherboard is a Intel dh57jg (supports HD bitstream)

Attachments

• config_som.png
      config_som.png
      73.8 KB

albarreto

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    SOLVED

Hi folks,

In other forum, I found the solution.
    For Intel mobos, it's necessary "Intel Manageability Engine" (IME) installed for HD Audio be enabled.
    I installed it ansd everything works fine now.

Thx for you support :D

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    in the LAV audio decoder..theres an option for IME

open graphstudio, then find lav audio decoder
    go to the propery page and u will see the options there

albarreto

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Hi, I'm back

I'm with a very strange problem here.
    I have a HTPC with bitstreaming DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD...
    My motherboard is Intel DH57JG connected by HDMI 1.4 in a Receiver Onkyo HT-S380 (Suports HD audio)
    Software: Win7, MediaPortal 1.1.3, Codec SAF 5 or 6
    When I install a fresh windows with drivers, I have all formats enabled in HDMI properties (see image 1).
    But during configuration, something (not yet identified) kills the HD audio formats (see image 2). Only DTS and Dolby remains...

I reinstalled drivers (originals and recents), codecs, firmware etc. Nothing solves. Only I get them again, if I format and reinstall windows, but the problem repeats with configuration. It's a circle of terror!
    I also tried to create a mirror (using Norton Ghost) of a "enabled" situation, but when I restored it (look, from a 'good' situation), HD audio DON'T appears too. It's very strange!

I'm very tired about this... :-/

Any idea, please?

TIA
    Aurelio

Attachments

• image1.png
      image1.png
      17.7 KB
    • image2.png
      image2.png
      73.8 KB

matpe

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are you sure that mobo is capable of bitstreaming HD audio, i think you have to decode the audio and send it as multichannel PCM.

albarreto

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Yes, I'm sure.
    The recent H57 chipset is HD audio enabled (DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD)
    By the way, when I install a fresh windows with drivers, all audio formats are there (see image).
    Something in configuration 'kills' them

TechInsight - RAM TV | Intel's DH57JG - Lots of Functionality

"HD Audio and gigabit Ethernet are native to the chipset as well. The DH57JG enables comprehensive 10-channel sound (7.1-channel + two independent multi-streaming channels). Moreover, it’s able to bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio over HDMI, making the board a shoo-in for home theater PC designs with Blu-ray drives. Though most mini-ITX builds won’t warrant discrete graphics, the DH57JG does sport a 16-lane PCI Express 2.0 expansion slot able to house any add-in board you choose to deploy, enclosure permitting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom