How to Search MP2 for Movies only in 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna (1 Viewer)

BLUE_TOWERS

December 31, 2019
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
Hi,

I hope you can help me.

ISSUE:
How to Search Media Portal 2 for Movies only.
To search for them in the 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna.

PREVIOUS METHOD:
In Media Portal 1, "Search > Search In Description" type in the year and Movies would appear.
Thank you in advance for reading this, and any help you can provide.

Happy New Year for 2020!

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    How to Search Media Portal 2 for Movies only.
    To search for them in the 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna.
    That is not possible. You can only search the show titles in the EPG as you probably have seen yourself.

Searching for a particular year in the description is likely to return much more than just movies. This will depend on the EPG source. For example in my case this would yield movies but on top of that documentaries, replays, etc. What I want to say is that your use case is very specific and not of general applicability. Notwithstanding you may of course express your wish in the Feature Request section where it might get picked up by somebody.

BLUE_TOWERS

December 31, 2019
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Thank you so much HTPCSourcer.

Please may I ask another question.

In MediaPortal 2, is there a way of searching, only for movies, in the 7 day EPG?

Thank you in advance for reading this, and any help you can provide.

Happy New Year for 2020!

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    No, not explicitly. Again for the same reason as cited above. Genre information can be part of the description but is not necessarily.

You can verify your situation by activating the genre coloring on the EPG and check what is colored. This requires the movie to be marked as such in the description, which is not often the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    horned_reaper [solved] Improved MBID Search for Artist and Album Fanart Handler 101
    S TV-Server MP1 - Automatic search doesn't work Installation, configuration support 2
    R MP 2.2.3 Search TV program only with the correct begin of show title General 7
    S search for transponder list, symbol rate 6900000 TV-Cards 0
    Terra Crash when searching movies, reproducable Moving Pictures 2
    Hotkey Search for external Graphic Card to use UHD w. 60Hz Video-Cards 0
    C Is it possible to search or filter non-movie videos in Videos plug-in? General Support 4
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    ge2301 [WiP] MP2Web - A platform independent web client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 56
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
    catalpa Bug MP2-837 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    ge2301 Android based client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 3
    R MP2 GUI Issues General 7
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    Lichloathe MP2 importing keyart instead of poster General 0
    Lichloathe Trakt for MP2 question General 7
    C Streaming/transcoding MP2 vs MP1? General 1
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
    C Streaming to clients over Wifi. MP1 or MP2? Newcomers Forum 0
    CyberSimian MP2 synchronising of stoptime MediaPortal 1 Talk 5
    M Initial Setup MP2 (On Wndows 10) General 2
    R [solved] MP2 Client ist extrem langsam Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 5
    D [solved] EPG Buddy for MP2 - Does it work? General 5