How to Search MP2 for Movies only in 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna (1 Viewer)

BLUE_TOWERS

December 31, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope you can help me.

ISSUE:
How to Search Media Portal 2 for Movies only.
To search for them in the 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna.

PREVIOUS METHOD:
In Media Portal 1, "Search > Search In Description" type in the year and Movies would appear.
Thank you in advance for reading this, and any help you can provide.

Happy New Year for 2020!

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How to Search Media Portal 2 for Movies only.
    To search for them in the 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna.
    That is not possible. You can only search the show titles in the EPG as you probably have seen yourself.

Searching for a particular year in the description is likely to return much more than just movies. This will depend on the EPG source. For example in my case this would yield movies but on top of that documentaries, replays, etc. What I want to say is that your use case is very specific and not of general applicability. Notwithstanding you may of course express your wish in the Feature Request section where it might get picked up by somebody.

BLUE_TOWERS

December 31, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you so much HTPCSourcer.

Please may I ask another question.

In MediaPortal 2, is there a way of searching, only for movies, in the 7 day EPG?

Thank you in advance for reading this, and any help you can provide.

Happy New Year for 2020!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, not explicitly. Again for the same reason as cited above. Genre information can be part of the description but is not necessarily.

You can verify your situation by activating the genre coloring on the EPG and check what is colored. This requires the movie to be marked as such in the description, which is not often the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom