How to set up the Radio in MediaPortal2 (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    But for a new user, I think that MP1 would be the place to start.
    Maybe in the past, but not in the future. Especially ex- WMC users will be more happy with MP2 due to the build-in support for WTV and DVR-MS recordings and the much more easy setup in a similar way as WMC...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So far I have everything working apart from the Radio, which I listen to when working at home. I have look in the forum and in the documentation but can't find anything helpful. Could someone give me some guidance please.
    I've added support for radio groups/radio channels in the way that works with TVE3.5 already. The radio groups appear in same kind as tv groups, tuning radio is same as tv.

I'll put all pending changes into a binary later today and will post an updated plugin. Stay tuned.

TLCJohn

July 19, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there Guys,

I am now looking for some more advice.... On the computer I now have version 1 and 2 " is showing the TV Channels and the Guide, but NO Radio Channels. On the other hand... 1 has loaded everything but when you click on the TV section "nothing" no channels and no guide. What am I doing wrong.

Thank you

Kind regards
    John[DOUBLEPOST=1437328900][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi there Lehmden

Hi.

Maybe in the past, but not in the future. Especially ex- WMC users will be more happy with MP2 due to the build-in support for WTV and DVR-MS recordings and the much more easy setup in a similar way as WMC...

Are you saying forget 1 and keep 2?

Kind regards
    John

Last edited:

TLCJohn

July 19, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there Guys,

New update. MediaPortal 1 is now gone and I am left with MediaPortal 2 - TV is working really well, with WMC for some reason TV programmes were blocky sometimes but watching the same channels on MediaPortal2 the Channels are much much better. This is a major plus :) One happy Squirrel. Just need to wait for morpheus_xx to do what needs to be done to get the Radio plugin to work.

Thank you to everyone for your help.

Kind regards
    John

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please find attached a snapshot build of the server plugin for radio support. It also contains the changes from MP1.12 and an IPTV related fix (auto registration of required filter).

Installation:
    1. For now you have to extract the contents manually to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins.
    2. I'd recommend to delete/rename "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore", so new defaults will be written (including updated tuning details etc.)

We are currently working hard on a plugin management system to improve the installation process, but it will take some more time.

Please let us know if radio channels are working for you as well. The radio groups will be found after the tv groups. I plan to create an official release later this week and publish it to download section then.

Attachments

• 20150719-SlimTv.Service3.7z
      4.5 MB
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Tried it and it looks as if all is working. Only the installation wasn't that easy...
    First I needed to stop MP2 Server. Then I've replaced the SlimTV.Service plugin. After that I move the SlimTVCore away. Now I've started MP2 Server again, but this did not work properly. Not all necessary files are regenerated in SlimTVCore. So I copied only the missing files from the "old" SlimTVCore over and did a restart of the whole PC. Now it's working. :D

IPTV I can't test as I don't have any but the IPTV tuner card is showing up in setup after I've added one. Radio Channel Groups can be found in EPG and channels can be played from there...

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please find attached a snapshot build of the server plugin for radio support. It also contains the changes from MP1.12 and an IPTV related fix (auto registration of required filter).

Installation:
    1. For now you have to extract the contents manually to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins.
    2. I'd recommend to delete/rename "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore", so new defaults will be written (including updated tuning details etc.)

We are currently working hard on a plugin management system to improve the installation process, but it will take some more time.

Please let us know if radio channels are working for you as well. The radio groups will be found after the tv groups. I plan to create an official release later this week and publish it to download section then.
    Working fine here - I replaced the existing files and haven't deleted the whole Folder.
    Only the Menu-Entry Radio is missing - it's not really intuitive to find the Radio under TV Channels.

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I too am experiencing difficulty with receiving broadcast digital radio. I've set it up using MediaPortal 2 TV Setup and, when I test a radio station, it works. There is, however, nothing on the MediaPortal 2 home skin about radio, nor do the radio stations appear in the TV guide. I've downloaded the file
    20150719-SlimTv.Service3.7z as suggested, but I'm puzzled by the instruction to extract the contents manually. Windows 10 does not include an app for extracting a file with this extension. Help, please.

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    OK, I've now downloaded a 7z extractor from http://www.7-zip.org/ and extracted the contents of 20150719-SlimTv.Service3.7z to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins as suggested. I've closed MediaPortal 2, then opened MediaPortal 2 TV Setup and selected "plugins". There is no obvious plugin for radio, unless its name is esoterically described. Still need help, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom