How to set up the Radio in MediaPortal2 (1 Viewer)

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thank you CyberSimian for the help you've given me so far. Having extracted the contents of 20150719-SlimTv.Service3.7z to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins, I get the following list of choices for plugins when I run MediaPortal 2 TV Setup:

ComSkipLauncher
    PowerScheduler
    ServerBlaster
    TV Movie EPG Import
    WebEPG
    xmlTV

Which of those will give me an option to listen to broadcast radio, please.

Cheers

Ralph

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Which of those will give me an option to listen to broadcast radio, please.
    The DVB-T and DVB-T2 broadcasts in the UK include radio stations. So you need to perform a channel scan in "TV Server Config". If successful, you will see on one panel a list of TV channels, and on another panel a list of radio stations. This page in the Wiki describes the process for MP1, which also applies to the version of MP2 that uses MP1's TV Server:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/4_Scan_DVB-T

If you have not setup TV Server before, you may benefit from reading the earlier pages in the "TV Server Configuration" section of the Wiki. To receive the EPG, you need to set up TV Server to perform "EPG grabbing"; read this page:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG

To listen to radio in MediaPortal, you need to select the "Radio" icon on the MP Home panel which will take you to further panels where you can select the radio station. However, the precise details vary from MP1 to MP2, and from one skin to another.

You don't need to use any of the plug-ins you listed, other than "PowerScheduler" (which is used to perform unattended recordings of TV and radio).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thank you again for your help.

That is what I had done already: just to be sure, I've done it all again.

In MediaPortal 2 TV Setup there are separate sections for TV and radio. In the TV section I can see all the channels from our local transmitter and they all work in MediaPortal. In the Radio section I can see all the channels from our local transmitter and they work when I test them in MediaPortal 2 TV Setup.

However, none of the radio channels appears in the TV section of MediaPortal 2. I am using the default basic blue skin and there is not a menu option for Radio.

Any further advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Ralph

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    none of the radio channels appears in the TV section of MediaPortal 2.
    That is how it is supposed to work (MP1 works the same way). MP keeps TV channels separate from radio channels. This is different from WMC, which merged them together into a single EPG and a single recordings library.

MP1 has a "Radio" icon on the Home panel; selecting that takes you to a list of radio stations (or to another radio panel from which you can get to a list of radio stations). I believe that MP2 is supposed to have a similar icon on its Home panel, but it was omitted by accident. :( One of the updates to MP2 was supposed to add this icon, but as I don't use MP2 myself, I cannot confirm that this has been done, or tell you which update it is. Perhaps an MP2 user can help? If not, then I guess it means waiting a few weeks for this addition to be made and a new update issued.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom