How to shift time for only one channel in xmlTV plugin? (1 Viewer)

micmanm

Portal Pro
May 22, 2009
Home Country
Ukraine Ukraine
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 (1.0.4.23652)
MediaPortal Skin: B3W
Windows Version: WXP SP3
CPU Type: C2D
HDD: SEAGATE
Memory: 2Gb
Motherboard: P5GC/mx1333
Video Card: HD3450
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.9
Sound Card: internal
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Compro H900
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Source for xmltv plugin is http://www.teleguide.info/download/new3/tvguide.zip
is it possible configure plugin to shift timezone for one channel relative to other channels during importing tv-programs?

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Sorry I don't know who wrote it originally, but as far as I know its maintained by the MediaPortal development-team...

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    XmlTvImport plugin is part of TVServer and is maintained by MediaPortal team. It is not possible to specify a different time offset for each channel, but any timezone information in tvguide.xml is taken into account. Take for example the following entry:
    Code:
    <programme start="20091005170000 +0400" stop="20091005180000 +0400" channel="1">
    <title lang="ru">Федеральный судья</title>
    Program start is specified as 20091005170000 +0400, this is interpreted as 20091005130000 UTC, then your timezone (hours and minutes you specify in XmlTvImport plugin setup) is applied to calculate the final start time. This is repeated for all start and end program times and each one can have it's own timezone - it is the grabber's responsibility to provide them. This way everything is translated to your local timezone. Doesn't that work for you?

micmanm

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    XmlTvImport plugin is part of TVServer and is maintained by MediaPortal team. It is not possible to specify a different time offset for each channel, but any timezone information in tvguide.xml is taken into account. Take for example the following entry:
    Code:
    <programme start="20091005170000 +0400" stop="20091005180000 +0400" channel="1">
    <title lang="ru">Федеральный судья</title>
    Program start is specified as 20091005170000 +0400, this is interpreted as 20091005130000 UTC, then your timezone (hours and minutes you specify in XmlTvImport plugin setup) is applied to calculate the final start time. This is repeated for all start and end program times and each one can have it's own timezone - it is the grabber's responsibility to provide them. This way everything is translated to your local timezone. Doesn't that work for you?

Yes, this is workable solution for my question, but I not manully program grabber`s to assembly tvguide.xml, I just download already assembled file from http://www.teleguide.info/download/new3/tvguide.zip.
    And in this list only three channel`s is not in my timezone.
    Maybe it`s possible on future add timeshifting coloumn to the mapping list?
    In my opinion this is more friendly for end-users, who use this plugin.
    Thanks

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    If tvguide.xml contains correct timezone information for all programs, it doesn't matter which channels are in your timezone and which are not. It is sufficient to specify your timezone and XmlTvImport plugin will take care of the rest (i.e. channels in your timezone will not be affected at all, while ones in different timezone will be adjusted accordingly)

The only reason you would need such a feature is if your tvguide.xml did not have any timezone information (which, by looking at the one you posted, is not your case). And if such a feature were to be added it would be greatly error prone.

micmanm

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Here is pieces from tvguide.zip
    TVProgram 104
    <programme start="20091005034500 +0400" stop="20091005050500 +0400" channel="104">
    -1.00 From My TimeZone
    TVProgram 300039
    <programme start="20091005043500 +0400" stop="20091005054000 +0400" channel="300039">
    0.00 From My TimeZone

How to be in this case?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    OK, if this is the case then the tvguide.xml is simply wrong: no application will ever handle this correctly. I can't help but wonder why no one else complains about this guide.
    Anyway it would be equally wrong to add a feature in MediaPortal just to be able to handle wrong data.:sorry:

That aside, I would first try to contact the site to let them know that the data they provide have wrong timezone and explain why. If that doesn't work (as it most probably won't) I would try find a way to translate the file into one with proper timezone info. One simple way I can think of is XSL transforms but YMMV.

micmanm

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Anyway it would be equally wrong to add a feature in MediaPortal just to be able to handle wrong data.
    And if to approach to this question on the other hand and to expand plugin xmlTv possibilities
    having made its more flexible and clever?

That I offer:

1. To add on a bookmark "General" checkbox "Manual definition of timezone for each channel".

2A. At non-zero value of checkbox to add a column in the table on a bookmark "Mappings" with initial zero values of local timezone and at final calculations for all program start-end to consider only that timezone which was specified by the user manually for each channel disregarding timezone in tvguide.xml.
    Final_Program_StartTime = Program_StartTime_From_TvGuide-XML
    + Hours_Minutes_From_bookmark_General
    + Manual_TimeZone_Definition_From_bookmark_Mappings;

2B. At zero value checkbox - to use the usual scheme of calculation taking into account the data about timezone from tvguide.xml.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom