how to shuffle music? (1 Viewer)

RICOUK

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
England
Is there anyway to properly shuffle, like Winamp Shuffle so the playlist stays in order and it picks the songs at random? I have never understood why all media centres don't have this feature. Also, why is it so slow to load a playlist with 9000 songs, other (stand alone) players are almost instantaneous.

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
RICOUK said:
Is there anyway to properly shuffle, like Winamp Shuffle so the playlist stays in order and it picks the songs at random? I have never understood why all media centres don't have this feature. Also, why is it so slow to load a playlist with 9000 songs, other (stand alone) players are almost instantaneous.

Nope...I personally find that confusing as I never know what song is coming up next then, but I guess that's a personal preference. Why do you prefer it in the winamp way?

As for your 2nd question - I guess the code is just slow; the aim right now is to iron out bugs so I think performance improvements have been put on the backburner unless its absolutely vital. Check to see its on the My Music - enhancements thread at:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=11535

Sam

RICOUK

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
England
I like not knowing what song is next, a bit boring otherwise!!! Plus, I am obviously not like everyone else as I hate listening to albums at a time, I listen to a lot of different genres of music and like the change from one song to the next.

The speed issue is no big issue so I can wait for further releases of MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
No one can help me here?
No one can help me here?
In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
Replies
Views
When starting, the Media Portal says that the database is damaged, the computer may have crashed while writing to the database, or the disk is damaged or some other problem. SQLiteClient: FanartHandler.db3 cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT/CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query You can try to treat the database as a...
When starting, the Media Portal says that the database is damaged, the computer may have crashed while writing to the database, or...
Hi, I use Mediaportal 1 a lot and have created a lot of Fanart jpegs for my music soundtracks but just in the last 2 weeks I have...
Replies
Views
Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1.32 Start MP with e.g. Music DE
Yes! That was what I was looking for! Thanks @Lichloathe ! And it's still working :) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mpstartit-start-mediaportal-with-specific-plugin.84578/post-928783
Yes! That was what I was looking for! Thanks @Lichloathe ! And it's still working :)...
I am wondering... didn't we have a Plugin wich made it possible to start MP with certain Module - e.g. directly start with Tv or...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom