How-To use Comskip to cut out commercials via MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

johnrw

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Please set
verbose=11
and run comskip "fro the start" and mail me the generated log file.

Are you asking me or Aaron? I have never changed Comskip settings at any time.

johnrw

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
erik1958

You asked
Please set
verbose=11
and run comskip "fro the start" and mail me the generated log file.

I could not master the email or private message with attachment so I have posted some answers.

The first file is my MediaPortal log (0.2.3.0 Final with almost latest SVN) and the second file is the first .txt file created by Comskip for the recorded program. Verbose was set at 11 and run Comskip at start was selected. This was done today 14 december 2007.

The third file is the first .txt file created by Comskip (0.2.3.0 Final and SVN 16599) with Comskip to run after end of recording. This MP SVN version did not allow MP Configuration to offer Comskip to run at start of recording. Her Verbose was left at 10. This was done around 10 or 11 December 2007.

erik1958

Portal Pro
January 28, 2006
The Comskip documentation states that when processing dvr-ms while recording the following setting has to be used
live_tv_retries=300
i.s.o the default
live_tv_retries=4

Because changing the ini file seems to be very difficult I consider to make a dvr-ms specific setting for the life_tv_retries to ensure the out-of-the-box ini file is usable on live dvr-ms
In the mean time please edit to the setting above

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

My problem is that if the comskip run after a manual records (the running after a scheduled records is good!), the comskip.exe always aborted. I am useing 0.2.3 with TV2.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

My problem is that if the comskip run after a manual records (the running after a scheduled records is good!), the comskip.exe always aborted. I am useing 0.2.3 with TV2.

What do you mean by "manual recording".
    Do you mean pressing the Record Now-Button while watching TV, to record the show that's currently running?

Regards
    Ralph

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    What do you mean by "manual recording".
    Do you mean pressing the Record Now-Button while watching TV, to record the show that's currently running?

Regards
    Ralph

Yes.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Why dont skip the running of the comskip after manual recording if it is a know future? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom