how to watch what comes out of a yellow plug (1 Viewer)

Prut sur

Portal Member
November 24, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: AW: how to watch what comes out of a yellow plug

OK, I don't know how that might be used in MP? As far as I know you can't use such a video in as long as it is not a signalnfrom a tv card. You might need a plugin to do so.

Yeah, guess so, but having the feature of connecting to such a signal seems to me as a grocery having sugar.
So I would think somebody in the grocery knows where the sugar is haha
(I just said something funny, not grumpy or ungrateful :oops:)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The only way you can get TV from cable is to have a dvb-c\s\t card and possibly a cam if encrypted channels, otherwise currently there is no way of reading information from a RCA\Phono\Cinch connector.

Prut sur

Portal Member
    November 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok,
    Thanks,
    Back to Powercinema after a long queeste.

Maybe, now that you answered my question, your answer will be findable for others too.
    If ten people search for half a day without finding, a working-week is lost.

Maybe we just earned a man a week off haha

Thanks and byebye

By the way, any suggestions for a good substitute for powercinema?

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does an analog tuner card show up in TVserver config. If so, then you add S-Video channels.

Then preview the new channels to see which one works.

If no analog tuner shows up, then It won't work.

Attachments

• Tvserver.jpg
      Tvserver.jpg
      82.5 KB
    • Channels.jpg
      Channels.jpg
      104.1 KB

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

A straight forward video capture card will not work in MePo, but if you have a hybrid (analog) TV Tuner card that has video in (yellow plug) there is a possibility that MePo may/will support the video in - This will depend on the make/model of the TV Tuner card.

There are plenty of people using this type of setup (for desktop top external boxes/receivers, etc)

J.

Prut sur

Portal Member
    November 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does an analog tuner card show up in TVserver config. If so, then you add S-Video channels.

Then preview the new channels to see which one works.

If no analog tuner shows up, then It won't work.

the tuner is connected to the mediacenter. it gives a signal to the center that is already tuned.
    I don't need a tuner. Also the dreambox gives a modulated signal as does digitenne.
    I just want MP to see the signal, that's all. By the way, other programs in the mc do see the signal without any problem.
    So it arrives correct at the pc.

Hi there,

A straight forward video capture card will not work in MePo.

How come? Seems there's a very common, simple, crystalclear, already tuned signal knocking on the door of MEPO but it won't open!:)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    How come? Seems there's a very common, simple, crystalclear, already tuned signal knocking on the door of MEPO but it won't open!:)
    MediaPortal is heavily geared towards digital TV broadcasts, and mainly DVB as used in Europe and most of the rest of the world. This is partly down to developers, there aren't many that are good with software encoders and dealing with analogue capture, and partly with users, the vast majority of MP users work with DVB-T and DVB-S for TV.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There are still people using analog TV cards with MePo. I have a WIN-TV-PVR 150 that is used for primarily OTA Radio, but it also has an RF in, S-vid and composite inputs. It can find a single tuned station (channel 3 or 4) from an analog RF source, but I have an S-vid connected from my VHS to play and capture from tape or the digital converter box attached to the VHS tuner.

If we knew the brand and model of the card in the mc-pc (it's likely not built into the mobo) we might be able to help or make a suggestion. If the card is recognized by MePo in the TV-Server Config, you should be able to access (tune) the channel(s).

I'm in the US so I can't help with European connectors, but I'm sure there is a solution, or an inexpensive course to take.

Chuck

Prut sur

Portal Member
    November 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There are still people using analog TV cards with MePo. I have a WIN-TV-PVR 150 that is used for primarily OTA Radio, but it also has an RF in, S-vid and composite inputs. It can find a single tuned station (channel 3 or 4) from an analog RF source, but I have an S-vid connected from my VHS to play and capture from tape or the digital converter box attached to the VHS tuner.

If we knew the brand and model of the card in the mc-pc (it's likely not built into the mobo) we might be able to help or make a suggestion. If the card is recognized by MePo in the TV-Server Config, you should be able to access (tune) the channel(s).

I'm in the US so I can't help with European connectors, but I'm sure there is a solution, or an inexpensive course to take.

Chuck

:D

Maybe this helps.:p
    When I start moviemaker in XP I can see my tv-image playing in the partial screen when I tell moviemaker that I want to capture my video.
    This partial screen is too small to watch so I want to see the video that I can already see in the small screen from moviemaker in full screen. That's all:cool:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm sorry, but the software you are using doesn't tell us anything about the hardware you have installed, other than you are seeing some throughput in a display window. Video software is not always designed to interface with all other possible software, and it cannot be expected that all software will work with all possible hardware configurations.

When you installed MediaPortal, you did select that you want to watch TV? That would then have installed the TV-Server software as well.

If you run the TV-Server Configuration program, there will be a tree-view window on the left.

Expand the TV-Servers item at the top, which should show the name of your computer, select that and a list of compatible devices that you might have installed on the computer should appear. In which case you should be able to scan for any available channels on that device.

If nothing is in the list, then you do not have a compatible device installed, and MediaPortal cannot display your video input.

You will then have to purchase and install a compatible TV card, and have an appropriate connection to that card if you wish to watch TV with Media Portal.

I hope you can see we are trying our best to help.

Regards,

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom