how to watch what comes out of a yellow plug (2 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Resolution is not a problem, It is a huge plasma monitor and it is being watched from a distance

I believe he was talking about the resolution that is processed internally by the computer, not the display size. MediaPortal will take the video and scale it to whichever full screen resolution you have set. The more resolution in the original video stream will cause more work for the cpu/gpu to output to your display.

The new videocard sounds like a good solution.

I was mistaken then in my assumption that you were using the mini-tower (which uses full height cards) You have one of the slimline cases. The Ultra Small Form Factor pc doesn't seem to have have any available PCIe slots, and probably wouldn't have enough ability for MP.

Chuck

Prut sur

Portal Member
    November 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I believe he was talking about the resolution that is processed internally by the computer, not the display size.

Chuck

Thanks, I did understand that Chuck, what I meant to say is that the resolution that is presented to the plasmascreen is not important because it is looked at from a distance, that is also why I want it to be fulscreen.

I am still steamin' around so just a short message and I am off again.
    Please do not mistake my timeshortage for desinterest.

Update: chopped the pc-card and installed last drivers, un and re-installed all last drivers of the motherboard, un and re-installed mepo. everything works great! except for the full screen image.

I invested yet another day in it and I give up.
    I cannot get it to work properly.

Thanks for all the kind messages
    maybe later on some time I'll try again.

what bothers me most is that my ant who cannot even make her own sandwich properly, plugs in her yellow compactcam-plug in a machine that she can barely turn on and..... she watches her movie full screen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom