how to watch what comes out of a yellow plug (1 Viewer)

Prut sur

Portal Member
November 24, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I hope you can see we are trying our best to help.

Regards,

Chuck

Yes! I can see that! Chuck.
And I am grateful for that and I guess others, with a similar no-problem will be too when they read this thread because as easy as it might seem...

I am not trying to get mediaportal to work anymore.
I uninstalled it because the supermoderator told me it is impossible without the card he mentioned

so, now I just want the smooth moving film in the small screen that I can see in moviemaker to be full screen in another program because moviemaker cannot do that.

That's it, that's all folks nothin'else just a common nice bright clear signal out of a common bright yellow plug >> full screen.:D

I wouldn't want you to think complex on this Chuck, relax, stay calm, take it easy and give me the name of the little program:p haha

I guess there must be a little program for example that comes with a compact cam to view the movies you made on that cam and that comes out of the cam through a yellow plug, BAM straight into the pc. hehe :)

By the way, I just hung a dvd player on the other end of the same plug and it started playing immediately. it's the same, too small image displayed on the monitor but it's a nice correct image.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Well, this thread is on the MediaPortal forum. I know we have such a helpful community that it can easily be misjudged for google, but the friendly people here will mostly give MP advice :)

Jokes aside, as Chuck and J already pointed out, composite/yellow rca cable can be viewed (I have no problem with it) PROVIDED that you have a tuner with a composite input. I quickly scanned through this thread and could not find much detail on your hardware, just that you have the input built into the PC. If it is not a tuner, MP will not use it.

give me the name of the little program
    please continue that on google...

...but if you want to give MP another try, give full system specs and we will be here to assist in any way we can :)

Prut sur

Portal Member
    November 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you for your reactions,

My fault, it states in your guidelines that I should start by giving specs but I thought that this was a no-problem.
    Amcap for instance is a prog that is very small and captures fullscreen but I cannot get it to abandon PAL.

Back to MP:
    I have a unit in the front of the mediacenter where all the plugs go in.
    Inside the pc, cables from this front-unit are connected to a pci-card.
    in front is the possibility to connect a yellow cinch-jack.
    in the back is the possibility to connect a (yellow) s-video plug.

The card is: ASUS TV7131LP with correct drivers installed.
    Th PC is a DELL Optiplex 745

And: Yes, friendly people here, and that is not a rule on forums but an exception. :D

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Looking at the spec sheets, your pc comes in 4 sizes, I'm assuming you have the mini tower, with XP as your OS.
    Do you know the CPU, memory size and storage capacity? The MoBo has an integrated Intel Graghics Media Accelerator 3000. Are you using the on board VGA output, or using an additional video card?

Your analog TV Tuner card is from 2006, so it is quite old, and may not have recent drivers, nor have a more up-to-date GPU. It has RF, composite and s-vid connectors (on the back). It outputs mpeg-2 and mpeg-1 format digital video. It is possible that the card uses a software encoder (Cyberlink?). The card does not appear on the incompatable list (in the Wiki), nor is it specifically named as compatable.

It is possible that MP isn't recognizing the driver for the card. Have you checked to see if there is a recent driver. But that might still not ensure compatibility.

I'm not familiar with some of the specs, and whether the pc can handle Media Portal requirements. Someone else who is more familiar with such things will have to step in.

Chuck

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If it is not even seen by TVServer, chances are the drivers are not compliant as 2BitSculptor said, sadly around that time and earlier a lot of cheap analogue tvcards were produced which would only work with their own software and driver support was terrible :(

Prut sur

Portal Member
    November 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all, and thanks again.

I reïnstalled MP! :cool:

I have a nice full screen image now out of the yellow plug but it stops after a couple of minutes and locks up the pc.
    As long as it plays, the sound hesitates a bit every 2 or 3 seconds.

Please don't ask me what it was what I did to get the image cause I changed and tried numerous things througout the pc and now it dazzles.:confused: I know I also did some of the things mentionned in this thread that helped but I cannot say for sure what those things were:oops:

Besides the lockup I also lost the sound of mediaplayer 11 and when I play a dvd in mediaplayer, it playes a silent movie and after a couple of minutes it locks up too.
    Not that I want that sound or movie-image , I never use mediaplayer, but maybe it helps as an indicator to understand what is happening.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello again,

You have not yet given us your system specifications, such as, CPU, memory, video card and storage size. The specification sheet for you pc has several configurations.

If you have not done so already, please review the minimum system requirements for Media Portal in the Wiki.

Here:
    MEDIAPORTAL - Requirements

Getting smooth full screen video requires a lot of CPU usage, or a Graphics Processor, for decompressing, rescaling and buffering frames. Also, insufficient memory can cause issues from accessing the page file. This is why we asked for this information, so that we can be better educated to the abilities and limits of your pc, so we can give intelligent advice.

Chuck

lulsam

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I am using a Hauppauge hvr-1300 (hw encoder) to capture the signal from a sat receiver. I was using several years ago a sw encoder based card to capture the signal and integrate it MePo but as the other guys said it requires a lot of CPU (I used always low end hw) and also the resolution is usually low. If you plan to use the DramBox as a sat receiver and integrate the signal within MePo, changing channels directly from MePo with a remote (ir blasting) and using low end hw, I would reccomend using a hw encoder card like mine. I don't think it could be very difficult to buy one on the second hand market to save some bucks, and I can help you to configure it within MePo, easy to use and very happy with the results.

Cheers from Sapin

Manolo

Prut sur

Portal Member
    November 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello again,

You have not yet given us your system specifications, such as, CPU, memory, video card and storage size. The specification sheet for you pc has several configurations.

Chuck

Guilty, as charged.:sorry:

I guess it's because my initial thought was that it was an ultra minor thing that I was overlooking.
    I am running around doing all kinds of other stuff (non pc stuff) and every now and then I look at what it says on the screen after I changed something to get it running.
    Later today I'll run everest and send what it says (have to leave now)

I am using a Hauppauge hvr-1300 (hw encoder) to capture the signal from a sat receiver. I was using several years ago a sw encoder based card to capture the signal and integrate it MePo but as the other guys said it requires a lot of CPU (I used always low end hw) and also the resolution is usually low. If you plan to use the DramBox as a sat receiver and integrate the signal within MePo, changing channels directly from MePo with a remote (ir blasting) and using low end hw, I would reccomend using a hw encoder card like mine. I don't think it could be very difficult to buy one on the second hand market to save some bucks, and I can help you to configure it within MePo, easy to use and very happy with the results.

Cheers from Sapin

Manolo

Resolution is not a problem, It is a huge plasma monitor and it is being watched from a distance.

The cardsuggestion sounds sane, I have a lot of cards laying around here. Must be one that functions as recuired. It's just that I have to adjust the hight of the card because this is my first low/small pc. Therefore I tried without first.
    Again, I started this thread the wrong way thinking I was overlooking a small issue; my fault.
    Later today I will try to correct that by giving it the right attention.

Update:
    Found an ATI RadeON HD4350 512MB DDR2 - PCI-E - Sapphire. Ill chop it later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom