Completed HTPC Build - Antec Fusion 430 (Black) (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @armandp

You have the new Radeon HD 4550? Do you still have the flicker problem with this card within Mediaportal?

The flicker problem is still there but with the ATI Catalyst 8.12 it's less. I barely notice it .

other than the effects of post-processing enhancements when watching TV. Playing progressive content is identical to me.

Can you tell me how to setup post-processing for MP? I have a similar setup and would like to try this as well.

The post-processing i'm talking about is setup through ATI Catalyst (Deinterlacing , Edge Enhancement, Denoise, Color Correction).

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    could you please describe how to setup harmony remote using IR? I have also a harmony remote but no idea how to make it work for my computer

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, and thanks for your response!

Unfortunately, it made no difference. Basic buttons like play, volume, mute, next/previous do work as well as mail button (opens Windows mail) Home page (opens IE) and favorites (opens IE Favorites) However, for example MCE, live tv, epg etc. buttons have no effect.

Earlier, those keys opened Vista Media Center, as they are supposed to do in default configuration. However, I would like to make those keys to work with MediaPortal. What I have done so far is that I disabled mc from the local group policy, as was suggested in some other thread.

This is not the most important feature, more like "cool to have" things and as you seem to have similar keyboard, just wanted to ask if you have found some solution to this. I've tried to search this forum, as well as around google but seems to be very little help as this is rf device, not ir.

Happy holidays!

You can use autohotkey and write a script, it's pretty easy (even for non programmer like me)
    Basically google autohotkey and download
    Use the keyboardhook command to listen for keypresses and find the ID# for the key on your keyboard
    Write a simple script to remap the key on your keyboard to a key combination that MP can recognise.
    I did this to enable the use of my Silverstone case buttons to control mediaportal
    If you search "kiwijunglist imon setup guide" you can find the bit about autohotkey
    The autohotkey forum is full of helpful people

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    could you please describe how to setup harmony remote using IR?

What IR receiver do you have? An Antec Case with iMon Display-IRReceiver? Or Receiver of the TV-Card or MCE-Receiver?

I'm using blue tooth keyboard

Oh. With a bluetooth keyboard you will not be able to use a Harmony Remote. You need an infrared receiver. Like the built-in of Antec Case or an original Microsoft MCE receiver. Or a Receiver of the TV-Card. What kind of receiver do you have?

dotrat1989

Portal Member
    July 7, 2008
    I am having a couple of problems with my setup.

The picture through HDMI( on my samsung 7 series LCD) does not fill the full screen. It has a 2-inch border around it.

When I resume from suspend I go to the login screen in Vista even though there is only one account without a password.

And there seems to be some problem with my video player/stream because the HD movies seems to have a low frame rate. I am using the LINKSYS WUSB600N USB wireless dogle on the 5ghz band and I am getting around 270mbs... Could it be something with media portal? It probably has something to do with the video source.

Got ideas on how to fix these problems?

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The picture through HDMI( on my samsung 7 series LCD) does not fill the full screen. It has a 2-inch border around it.
    If you have an ATI card go to CCC (Catalyst Control Center) there is a setting there to set the overscan. Move it all the way to the right and you should have a full screen.

When I resume from suspend I go to the login screen in Vista even though there is only one account without a password.
    Make Windows Vista Stop Asking for Password When Resuming from Sleep :: the How-To Geek

And there seems to be some problem with my video player/stream because the HD movies seems to have a low frame rate. I am using the LINKSYS WUSB600N USB wireless dogle on the 5ghz band and I am getting around 270mbs... Could it be something with media portal? It probably has something to do with the video source.
    Best way to find out, copy one of you HD videos and see if it displays the same when playing locally. If so, then it's the video, if not then it's the bandwith.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

or you should deactivate overscan in the Setup of your TV and deactivate in CCC also. Just google "1:1 pixel mapping"
    If you compensate the overscan of your TV with underscan in CCC you will not get optimal picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom