HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (18 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.9.1

Hi 1stdead,
thx for the hint.
However, I want here to question whether in fact the last version was used. In version 0.9.1 are several performance improvements included. For example, a user has the chance to turn off all background activities of HTPCInfo when watching TV or videos are played. This was also confirmed by several users, that the performance of this release in relation to dropped frames significantly increased.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Hi 1stdead,
thx for the hint.
However, I want here to question whether in fact the last version was used. In version 0.9.1 are several performance improvements included. For example, a user has the chance to turn off all background activities of HTPCInfo when watching TV or videos are played. This was also confirmed by several users, that the performance of this release in relation to dropped frames significantly increased.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

When i confirmed this an old version was used. I'll try the new version and see if anythings changed :) (at some point later..)

driver140771

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I still have the problem that the cpu usage will not be displayed :confused:

My Version is: 0.9.1
    wmiApSrv is running
    Log:
    Code:
    HTPC Info: System Performance Counter Initialization Error. (Error Code: System.FormatException: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.
       bei System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
       bei System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
       bei System.Int32.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)
       bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
       bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
       bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
       bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
       bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
       bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.Initialize()
       bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
       bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName)
       bei HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitPerformanceCounters(), Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.)

I've tested all the suggestions in this tread :(

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi driver140771,
    the error message "System Performance Counter Initialization Error" occurs, when the performance counter for "System Uptime" cannot be initialized. In your post I've read, that "CPU Usage" cannot be displayed, so I'm a little bit confused.
    To find a solution for this, please open the performance monitor application which comes with Windows7 and open the "Add Counter" dialog (see screenshot) and tell me, what you can see if you select "Processor/% Processor Time". Please check also selectable options for "System/System Up Time".
    Last but not least it was interesting to know your system specification, the best way is to publish this using the user control panel of this forum.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Attachments

• perfmon.jpg
      perfmon.jpg
      53.8 KB

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hello,

I'm getting this error when trying to start htpc in MP gui.
    2010-02-24 22:08:12.219724 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.UpdateScreen(Int32 screen)
    at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.SetButtonLabels()
    at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitPluginPage()
    at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo_OnPageLoad()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    2010-02-24 22:08:14.869875 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo_OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    2010-02-24 22:08:15.847931 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo_OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    2010-02-24 22:08:16.359960 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2010-02-24 22:08:16.673978 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2010-02-24 22:08:17.374018 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2010-02-24 22:08:17.894048 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2010-02-24 22:08:18.385076 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2010-02-24 22:08:18.718095 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2010-02-24 22:08:19.028113 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

It was working the first time i opened htpcinfo, but not second and so on.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi 1stdead,
    please check, if you have the latest language files installed and try again. If this not solve your problem, please switch temporarily the main language to "English" and post your result here.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I have latest language files install trying english asap :)

Edit: Didn't help. Language is still danish. Tried eng_gb and eng_us. And did clear cache folder. Everything else is in english. Just not HTPCInfo/Sleepcontrol

I've attached some debug logs :)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi 1stdead,
    sorry, but I cannot reproduce your problem here.
    All languages files for HTPCInfo are located in the directory "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Language\HTPCInfo" including the latest danish translation. I've switched the language in the MediaPortal configuration tool also and all works fine. Could you please compare the attached language files with your installation? Thx.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom